Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Do you wanna add my ig or snap? I’ll message you it x
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Original post by Katikin
Hii! I've got my place for law confirmed at YSJ for 2024. I'm going to be staying in accommodation however I'm still nervous about making friends so if you'd like to get in touch let me know!

Hi Katikin,

Congratulations on your place at YSJ we look forward to meeting you!
Before I came to YSJ I was also nervous about making new friends but when you arrive at uni on arrivals weekend everyone is in the same boat and don't know anyone. The first week of uni is all about meeting new people and making new friends from your course, from your flat and even from any extracurricular activities which you may decided to join.
Making new friends at uni sounds very daunting especially as your moving to a new place where you don't know anyone but its way less scary than it seems.

I hope this helps and reassures you 😊

Katie - Student Ambassador
Reply 22
Original post by rrryub
Heyy! YSJ is my 2nd choice, UoY if my 1st, but i’d still love to get in touch!

I cant message on here rn but if u have anything I can contact you on lmk!
Reply 23
Original post by gr4c3z112
ive got a place for english and history! slightly different subject but could be in the same ish area!! message me if you want!

Hey yes ofc! I can’t message on here yet but is there somewhere else I can?
Original post by JessYoung0406
It was good!! The course looks so cool! x

I am really happy to hear that you had a good time at our decision day and I am glad that the course is appealing to you. I hope to see you in the new academic year. 🙂

Sophie (YSJ Student Ambassador)
Reply 25
Original post by Katikin

I cant message on here rn but if u have anything I can contact you on lmk!

my instagram is @rubyrrhodesx if you want to add me :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by rrryub
my instagram is @rubyrrhodesx if you want to add me :smile:
Just requested you :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by Katikin

Hii! I've got my place for law confirmed at YSJ for 2024. I'm going to be staying in accommodation however I'm still nervous about making friends so if you'd like to get in touch let me know!

hey have you applied for accommodation yet cus i made an account in the accommodation hub with my student iD but its saying applications are closed. does it say the same for you?
Reply 28
Original post by monty41i
hey have you applied for accommodation yet cus i made an account in the accommodation hub with my student iD but its saying applications are closed. does it say the same for you?
Hi! No, they opened on Valentine’s Day so that’s when I applied. I’m not sure why it would be saying that have you made an account?
Reply 29
Original post by Katikin
Hi! No, they opened on Valentine’s Day so that’s when I applied. I’m not sure why it would be saying that have you made an account?

hi i sorted it now thank you :smile: which accoms did you pick?
Reply 30
hi i sorted it now thank you :smile: which accoms did you pick?
I applied to Brickworks, Abode and Coal yard! Wbu?
Reply 31
Original post by Katikin

the grange, coal yard and city residence n my course international business with fy wbu?
Hi Monty41i,

Sorry to hear that your unable to login or apply for accommodation. Have you tried to use the student number that the university have given you in an email when you accepted your offer rather than your UCAS id number as that could be the issue?
If you are using the number the university has given you I would suggest emailing the accommodation team ([email protected]) or ring (01904 876 660) and they will be able to help you sort out this issue.

I hope this helps 😊
Katie - Student Ambassador
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official York St John University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to York St John University.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!
YSJ is my firm choice for psychology and counselling! I've also applied for accommodation. My insta is katie.storeyx if anyone who is going wants to be friends 🙂
Reply 34
the grange, coal yard and city residence n my course international business with fy wbu?
That sounds good! I’m doing law :smile:
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official York St John University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to York St John University.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!
Hi, I’ve gotten an offer for English lit BA at YSJ.
I’ve put it as my insurance option but I think its quite likely I won’t get my first choice (Uni of Leeds). I’m from Norfolk/Norwich and I was wondering if anyone else is moving to York St John from quite far away.
Original post by Katikin
Just wondered..... Have you heard back about accommodation yet?
Original post by Emily200666
Hi, I’ve gotten an offer for English lit BA at YSJ.
I’ve put it as my insurance option but I think its quite likely I won’t get my first choice (Uni of Leeds). I’m from Norfolk/Norwich and I was wondering if anyone else is moving to York St John from quite far away.
Me! Over 3 hours away from me, still need to apply to accommodation. Anyone else applying to biomed?
Original post by Zaynab.x2
Me! Over 3 hours away from me, still need to apply to accommodation. Anyone else applying to biomed?
I’ve applied for biomed! :smile:)
Original post by JessYoung0406
I’ve applied for biomed! :smile:)
Have you been to any open days? I'm still unsure about which university to firm right now its between ysj and Newcastle. I haven't seen much about Yorks biomed course/the facilities they have so that's the only thing making me question it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending