The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

Official York St John University Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zaynab.x2
Have you been to any open days? I'm still unsure about which university to firm right now its between ysj and Newcastle. I haven't seen much about Yorks biomed course/the facilities they have so that's the only thing making me question it
I’ve been to ysj and newcastle open days! the course looks really good at both unis, however for me i liked ysj more due to the vibe i felt there! i do feel like its smaller than newcastle, but the labs are really nice and modern too! I think there may be a decision day coming up this month but i’m not 100% sure..
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Original post by JessYoung0406
I’ve been to ysj and newcastle open days! the course looks really good at both unis, however for me i liked ysj more due to the vibe i felt there! i do feel like its smaller than newcastle, but the labs are really nice and modern too! I think there may be a decision day coming up this month but i’m not 100% sure..
Yeah I don't think I'll be able to make it this month so I'll have to go to the may one instead
Original post by Katikin
That sounds good! I’m doing law :smile:
Hi!!!! I’ve just formed my place to study law :smile: my instas @_gracesmith.x if you would like to chat
Original post by rrryub
heyy, i’ve received and offer for LLB law!! I’m planning on living home since i live about 5 min drive away from the university so im worried it’ll be harder to be involved and make friends etc. However, i love the campus and hopefully meet my conditions!

hiiii!!! i’ve just formed my offer to study law at YSJ. would absolutely love to get to know you as i’m coming from quite a while away so i’m worried about making freinds. my instas _gracesmith.x if you would like to add? :smile:
I've had a message from Alice but can't reply to it for some reason.... apologies!
Hey, I'm Theo! I've applied for foundation years in both Psychology with Counselling and Counselling and Mental Health. I attended an open day in November and am hoping to attend a Decision Day. I'm excited and nervous about starting university honestly, its a big new start and I'm moving away from home but I'm lowkey looking forward to the independence.
Reply 46
Original post by karenogden306
Just wondered..... Have you heard back about accommodation yet?
Hey yeah I got an email earlier this morning with an offer :smile: Have you ?
Reply 47
Original post by smithgrace06
Hi!!!! I’ve just formed my place to study law :smile: my instas @_gracesmith.x if you would like to chat
Hey I looked you up but a different user came up. I wondered if it was still you but with a different username so I’ve still added you :smile:
Original post by Katikin
Hey yeah I got an email earlier this morning with an offer :smile: Have you ?
It's for my daughter not me but yes email now received. She's confirming for Brickworks.
Original post by rrryub
heyy, i’ve received and offer for LLB law!! I’m planning on living home since i live about 5 min drive away from the university so im worried it’ll be harder to be involved and make friends etc. However, i love the campus and hopefully meet my conditions!
Hello! Congratulations on your offer. I'm a 2nd year Law student and I love the course and all the staff are lovely.

If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them :smile:

Lauren Robinson- Senior Student Ambassador
Have you been to any open days? I'm still unsure about which university to firm right now its between ysj and Newcastle. I haven't seen much about Yorks biomed course/the facilities they have so that's the only thing making me question it
Hello. Congratulations on your offers! If you are still unsure of which university to put as your firm, I would recommend visiting them again. We have a Decision Day on the 27th which you can register for on the YSJ website.

There are a few biomed staff that you can contact to ask any questions you have about the course and the facilities.

Ashleigh Elliott 01904 876 344 [email protected]
Christine Jones [email protected]

Here are some of the staff members you can contact. There are also two others listed on the website.

I hope this helps. :smile:

Lauren Robinson- Senior Student Ambassador
Original post by Katikin
I applied to Brickworks, Abode and Coal yard! Wbu?

I’ve got into brickworks , flat 100c , how about you if you’ve already booked ?

Hi there!

I'm a 3rd year Primary Ed student at York St John, and although I don't study biomedical science, I know people who do and know it is a very good course where you will be pushed to achieve great results. There are lots of laboratory experience opportunities too and the course has dual accreditation from the Institute of Biomedical Science and the Royal Society of Biology so it is considered very credible. You can find out more information about the course and what it offers here: Biomedical Science BSc (Hons) | York St John University (yorksj.ac.uk)

To explore the university in person, our next open day is on 2nd July which you can sign up for here: Tuesday 2 July 2024 | York St John University (yorksj.ac.uk) . Alternatively, you could get a personal tour of the university to view the facilities by booking a campus tour here: Book your Campus Tour | York St John University (yorksj.ac.uk). I hope those are helpful!

If you have any questions about the university in general then I am more than happy to help!

I wish you the best of luck with your decision and hope you make the best choice which suits you and your preferences most!

Rachel - YSJ student rep
Yeah I don't think I'll be able to make it this month so I'll have to go to the may one instead

Hello! Don't worry if you can't make it to the decision day tomorrow. We have one on the 11th of May which you can register for on the YSJ website.

There will be plenty of staff and student ambassadors around to answer any of your questions :smile:

I hope this helps.

Lauren- Student Ambassador
Hi! I got an offer and am hoping to study Fashion marketing at YSJ. I'm a little nervous so I am hoping to make a few friends before I go so feel free to get in touch! My instagram is @georginamarshh
Original post by Georginamarsh
Hi! I got an offer and am hoping to study Fashion marketing at YSJ. I'm a little nervous so I am hoping to make a few friends before I go so feel free to get in touch! My instagram is @georginamarshh

Hi Georginamarsh,

Congratulations on your offer with us to study fashion marketing!
When I first started university I was also nervous about making new friends but I found that it was way easier to make new friends than I had anticipated and that the majority of people were feeling the same way about making new friends. I also found that everybody at York St John University is super friendly. I would defiantly recommend joining a few societies as this will allow you to branch out more and meet new people.

I hope you this helps you to feel a little less nervous about making friends at university 😊
Katie - Student Ambassador
Original post by smithgrace06
hiiii!!! i’ve just formed my offer to study law at YSJ. would absolutely love to get to know you as i’m coming from quite a while away so i’m worried about making freinds. my instas _gracesmith.x if you would like to add? :smile:

hi ive firmed ysj too for history🙃 my instagram is alicia.clrk if you want to add me
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Original post by aliciaclrk
hi ive firmed ysj too for history🙃 my instagram is alicia.clrk if you want to add me

Congratulations for firming YSJ, we will look forward to you joining us in the new year! Good luck with any exams 🙂

Sophie (Student Ambassador)
Original post by YSJstudents
Congratulations for firming YSJ, we will look forward to you joining us in the new year! Good luck with any exams 🙂
Sophie (Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending