The Student Room Group

Choosing uni course

I'm unsure of whether to pick English Literature, History, Law or Media Studies for my degree. Which one has better job prospects? Does it matter? And which of them is the hardest to get into? I feel like I know nothing despite researching them all. Can anyone tell me more about them and which ones they'd reccomend? I want a high-paying job but I also want to be an author someday. My dad did Media Studies for his degree and he ended up working high up in the police because some jobs just require a degree, not a specific degree... But I'm unsure. Any advice or knowledge appreciated! 🙏
Reply 1
Good careers site with 100s of job roles / job descriptions etc - https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles

Long list of possible degrees in Humanities and Social Science subjects from just one Uni - everything from American Studies to Social Policy with lots of joint subjects - read the course descriptions : https://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/
Law is the only vocational one you have listed. You can do a lot with the other degrees but I would chose law
Original post by cristalat101
I'm unsure of whether to pick English Literature, History, Law or Media Studies for my degree. Which one has better job prospects? Does it matter? And which of them is the hardest to get into? I feel like I know nothing despite researching them all. Can anyone tell me more about them and which ones they'd reccomend? I want a high-paying job but I also want to be an author someday. My dad did Media Studies for his degree and he ended up working high up in the police because some jobs just require a degree, not a specific degree... But I'm unsure. Any advice or knowledge appreciated! 🙏

What subject do you find most interesting and would love to study further? Have you been to any uni open days and listened to subject talks and asked questions of staff and students? You have until January to apply so you have time to do some open days this term.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending