The Student Room Group

Emergency issue with student finance

Hello,

I currently did not pass my first year at university, I will have to take my resits again in December. My question is, would I be able to cancel my student finance for the second year? As I won’t be able to progress until the next year September ( if I pass in December )

My student finance has not yet been paid to the university or to myself.

My next question is that, because I am not claiming student finance this year, would I be able to claim it for the next two years?

( I’ve did a foundation course so I’ve already used 2 years worth of student financing )

Please let me know as soon as possible.
Original post by EODU
Hello,

I currently did not pass my first year at university, I will have to take my resits again in December. My question is, would I be able to cancel my student finance for the second year? As I won’t be able to progress until the next year September ( if I pass in December )

My student finance has not yet been paid to the university or to myself.

My next question is that, because I am not claiming student finance this year, would I be able to claim it for the next two years?

( I’ve did a foundation course so I’ve already used 2 years worth of student financing )

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Hi EODU,

As you have had previous study, you would need to self fund the Tuition Fees for your repeat year unless you have a reason that you couldn't continue on your course. You would be eligible for an additional Tuition Fee Loan if you are able to provide a letter from a 3rd party professional such as a GP or university that confirms what happened, when this happened and how this directly impacted your studies.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi EODU,

As you have had previous study, you would need to self fund the Tuition Fees for your repeat year unless you have a reason that you couldn't continue on your course. You would be eligible for an additional Tuition Fee Loan if you are able to provide a letter from a 3rd party professional such as a GP or university that confirms what happened, when this happened and how this directly impacted your studies.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

No what I am saying is
The only way I can progress into the next year is if I complete modules in December which means if I pass, I will still have to wait until 2024/25 to progress. So I don’t want to claim student finance for this year because I won’t need to, does that make sense?
Original post by EODU
No what I am saying is
The only way I can progress into the next year is if I complete modules in December which means if I pass, I will still have to wait until 2024/25 to progress. So I don’t want to claim student finance for this year because I won’t need to, does that make sense?

Hi EODU,

Yes, you would just be taking a gap year in that case. You would just cancel the 23/24 application or have the university send a Change of Circumstances to confirm that you are not attending so that we can cancel this for you. Then you would just reapply for the academic year 24/25 when they are available in the spring/summer of 2024.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending