I don’t have access to any money
I don’t know what to do anymore I think I might have to drop out
Original post by Anonymous
What to do if you have no more money to study at uni anymore
I have no more money to study anymore
Like not even for tfl to get to university
I can’t get a part time job because I have depression

Anon,

It might be an idea to get in contact with your tutor, the student finance department at your university and the student union to find out what support is available for students who are finding it difficult to fund their studies.

If you haven't taken out a student loan then this might also be an option. If you haven't got a student bank account, this might be another option as they normally come with interest free overdrafts.

Are you on medication/going for counselling for your depression?

Do make sure you prioritise your mental wellbeing,

All the best,

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield
Are you eligible for any bursaries from your college or government student loans? :confused:

Check out the subsidised travel scheme and see if your local council offers any discounts or financial support schemes- https://www.gov.uk/subsidised-college-transport-16-19

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. It might be worth contacting your tutor at the university to point you in the right direction regarding financial aid and potential options for counselling through the university and help you manage your uni workload. It's important to be kind to yourself but put the steps into action that help you improve your situation.

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff Uni Rep

Hi, so sorry to hear you're struggling financially and with your mental health too :frown:

Definitely reach out to the student services at your uni and explain your situation to them. They're there to understand and try and help you where they can! I'm sure you won't be the first person to go to them with such matters, and nor will you be the last. Also, if you haven't already, try and seek some support with your depression, whether it be your GP or uni again, you deserve help!

Danielle :smile:
Film and Television Studies

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you are feeling like this. Do you have anyone you can speak to about how you are feeling? There is lots of support that you can access at university, have you thought about speaking to the student support team, they can offer help and advice to students who are struggling with finances. The student support team can also offer wellbeing support to yourself so I'd encourage you to go and speak to them.

Wishing you all the best,
Sarah

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling financially and with your mental health.

University can be incredibly challenging financially but I would echo what others have said and recommend you contact your course lead to ask them to signpost you towards student support that may be able to support you with bursaries or grants to assist you during your studies. I would also ask them if they can advise you on what mental health support is available at your university to help support your mental health. Most universities have wellbeing officers that provide counselling so this may be of some support to you too.

Best of luck with everything,

Mary
London South Bank University Student Rep (3rd-year Children's Nursing)
Reply 8
You can interrupt.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I can’t even cope with my studies full time let alone work alongside
I don’t have access to any money
I don’t know what to do anymore I think I might have to drop out

Hi there,

Quite often your university will have finance departments who can help with these types of issue. It may also be worth speaking to a tutor or lecturer that you trust as they will likely be able to advise you.

I hope this helps,

Ellen
Med Student
Uni of Sunderland
Digital Ambassador
Reply 10
Original post by gjd800
You can interrupt.

I don’t want to take a year out just to be a rich student
I hate being a poor student but a year out of my career isn’t worth it to be a rich student
I hate being a poor student but a year out of my career isn’t worth it to be a rich student

Who said anything about being rich? In your first post you said you didn't even have the means to commute to uni.

A year would give you some time to address your health so you might be able to work PT.

Alternatively, speak to your uni about emergency funds. But you'll need a plan to repay these.
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous #1

So don't. No skin off my nose.

Clearly not in the dire straits you made it sound like you were if this level of flippancy is your genuine response. Prepared to drop out, but not to.interrupt? Whatever mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending