The Student Room Group

Cambridge Computer Science Application

Hi there,
I’m currently looking to apply to Cambridge for computer science I should have 4* predictions in Maths, Further Maths, Comp Sci and Biology. I’m averaging around a 6.0 in the TMUA however I have a feeling my personal statement isn’t as strong as it could be. Whereas a lot of others I have read have had work experience, I don’t have any and instead my personal statement is focused on books I’ve read and research I have done into Maths and Computer science- and a simple coding project. Do you think this will be sufficient considering my other parts of the application?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there,
I’m currently looking to apply to Cambridge for computer science I should have 4* predictions in Maths, Further Maths, Comp Sci and Biology. I’m averaging around a 6.0 in the TMUA however I have a feeling my personal statement isn’t as strong as it could be. Whereas a lot of others I have read have had work experience, I don’t have any and instead my personal statement is focused on books I’ve read and research I have done into Maths and Computer science- and a simple coding project. Do you think this will be sufficient considering my other parts of the application?

Don’t worry. They will not care whether or not you have work experience. They want to see that you are really good at maths and really passionate about computer science. You’ve got excellent predicted grades in the right subjects at A level. Those and a good TMUA will show how good you are at maths. Reading and research demonstrates passion. Good luck 👍
Reply 2
Original post by CAG575
Don’t worry. They will not care whether or not you have work experience. They want to see that you are really good at maths and really passionate about computer science. You’ve got excellent predicted grades in the right subjects at A level. Those and a good TMUA will show how good you are at maths. Reading and research demonstrates passion. Good luck 👍

Thank you! Just need to hope my TMUA goes well 👀
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you! Just need to hope my TMUA goes well 👀

Good luck 👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending