The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The offer for BSc Comp Sci on Exeter's website is AAA-AAB

and my offer is AAA, but if I got AAB, will they still accept me?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

Sorry but I'm not sure. I was wondering if you could tell me what your predicted grades are and what you talked about in your personal statement as I am very interested in going to Exeter for university and if you have a contextual offer or not
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The University has published some useful webpages with guidance "How to apply" and "After you apply". There is detailed information about how applications will be assessed and the process of pooling and tiering applications according to their academic merits.
"Applicants with achieved grades are placed in tiers according to their achieved grades, in line with our typical offer. For example, where our typical offer is AAA-AAB, applicants will be tiered from Tier 1 (A*A*A*) to Tier 5 (AAB)."
"If we receive a large number of applications, we may not be able to make an offer to all those who are predicted to achieve our typical offer. We may then need to consider additional academic achievements alongside the personal statement in deciding whether we are able to make an offer."

Hope this helps. Please do search for the pages mentioned above to gain a fuller understanding of the admissions process.
Chris
Student Recruitment
Reply 3

At any university, they first need to admit students who met the requirements of their offer. If they still have spaces after that, they'll consider whether to accept students with near misses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending