The Student Room Group

Does uni accept no GCSE maths

Currently I am a student studying Triple Business BETC. I am predicted to get DDD however I have no maths GCSE. I have applied to universities and all my uni options gave me contextual offers based on getting the predicted DDD as well as a 4 in maths. However I am unsure whether I will be able to pass my maths GCSE as I retook it but I do not see any hopes of getting a 4. I chose my uni options and my first choice is Royal Holloway. But I'm not sure if they will accept me with no maths GCSE, and now I'm really unsure of what to do.
Original post by leah75556
Currently I am a student studying Triple Business BETC. I am predicted to get DDD however I have no maths GCSE. I have applied to universities and all my uni options gave me contextual offers based on getting the predicted DDD as well as a 4 in maths. However I am unsure whether I will be able to pass my maths GCSE as I retook it but I do not see any hopes of getting a 4. I chose my uni options and my first choice is Royal Holloway. But I'm not sure if they will accept me with no maths GCSE, and now I'm really unsure of what to do.

What subject are you applying for?
Reply 2
the course that I have applied for is marketing and management with a year in business at royal Holloway
They wont accept you if you dont have that 4. I think youre making it out be harder than it is. You can do a foundation maths paper which has questions like is -15 bigger than -10 or find the mean of these 3 numbers. It will be easier than any maths you do in business its like Y6 maths
(edited 10 months ago)
the course that I have applied for is marketing and management with a year in business at royal Holloway

Most universities require higher than grade 4 in GCSE Maths. Often grade 6 is required. The courses you are looking at have Maths involvements and if your Maths isnt at a relevant standard it is unlikely you will pass your course. Grade 4 Maths is a general requirement for most things. Why are you failing at Maths.
Reply 5
I wish i was making it harder than it seems. But i already took foundation maths GCSE and still did not get a 4….
(edited 10 months ago)

That subject requires a certain level of mathematical competence, so they are very unlikely to be lenient.
Yeah they wont accept you without a 4. And something you should consider - not answer here - have you got learning difficulties? Its perfectly ok if you do but you might want to let them know. I dont mean to be rude or anything but failing foundation maths is a bit odd, especially considering you have DDD in business which I assume involes more complex maths.

You just need to work until you get that 4 because they will not accept you otherwise.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by user8937264980
Yeah they wont accept you without a 4. And something you should consider - not answer here - have you got learning difficulties? Its perfectly ok if you do but you might want to let them know. I dont mean to be rude or anything but failing foundation maths is a bit odd, especially considering you have DDD in business which I assume involes more complex maths.

You just need to work until you get that 4 because they will not accept you otherwise.

No i do not have a leaning difficulty. Maths is just not for me even if its foundation maths. And in business there is maths but its the same as the subject maths, its just personal and business maths.

Anyways, thank you for the clarification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending