The Student Room Group

University of Sheffield MSc Sept 2024

anyone possibly starting their masters at Sheffield in Sept I've got an offer for cognitive neuroscience and human neuroimaging. wanted to get to know some people who are planning on going/starting at Sheffield in sept same or different course just don't know anyone there myself so im pretty nervous
Original post by Anpx
anyone possibly starting their masters at Sheffield in Sept I've got an offer for cognitive neuroscience and human neuroimaging. wanted to get to know some people who are planning on going/starting at Sheffield in sept same or different course just don't know anyone there myself so im pretty nervous

Hi, I have an offer for MSc and thinking of accepting :smile: I'm quite nervous aswell
Reply 2
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 3
Original post by suummeerr
Hi, I have an offer for MSc and thinking of accepting :smile: I'm quite nervous aswell

I haven't accepted my offer yet because I had a few questions so just waiting for an email back about that. so glad I'm not the only one!! what course did you apply for
Original post by Anpx
I haven't accepted my offer yet because I had a few questions so just waiting for an email back about that. so glad I'm not the only one!! what course did you apply for

I think you've got quite a while to accept yet dw,, I applied for MSc molecular biology and biotechnology. I've never even been to Sheff so rlly nervous about if I'll like it
Reply 5
I think you've got quite a while to accept yet dw,, I applied for MSc molecular biology and biotechnology. I've never even been to Sheff so rlly nervous about if I'll like it

ahh same I've never been either but from what I've read it's a really nice and affordable city with a small town feel and lots of greenery which sounds perfect to me. but yeah I'm nervous about not making any friends and about figuring my way around the city
Original post by Anpx
ahh same I've never been either but from what I've read it's a really nice and affordable city with a small town feel and lots of greenery which sounds perfect to me. but yeah I'm nervous about not making any friends and about figuring my way around the city

Yeah I've heard that aswell,,I like that it's near the Peak District. I'm also nervous about not making friends lol I don't know where I'll live. Where did you do your undergrad?
Reply 7
Yeah I've heard that aswell,,I like that it's near the Peak District. I'm also nervous about not making friends lol I don't know where I'll live. Where did you do your undergrad?

I'm in my final year at swansea uni wbu? and yeah I've been looking at accoms and first looked at the ones uni offer but read bad reviews and found cosmos is really nice and not too pricey so will prob go w that
Original post by Anpx
I'm in my final year at swansea uni wbu? and yeah I've been looking at accoms and first looked at the ones uni offer but read bad reviews and found cosmos is really nice and not too pricey so will prob go w that

I'm final year Bristol -- what's cosmos? I was just considering getting a rlly cheap studio bc I've heard horror stories ab finding people off facebook to share with ahahahh
Reply 9
I'm final year Bristol -- what's cosmos? I was just considering getting a rlly cheap studio bc I've heard horror stories ab finding people off facebook to share with ahahahh

do you have insta or smth would rather just message there
Reply 10

in case you would rather just talk here it's basically an off campus accom managed by CRM which is one of the leading providers of student accom across the UK. I'm living in one of their accoms in swansea it's pretty good. they have the option to share ensuite flats with 4 people which im hoping to get because I've shared with too many people every year so far and it's not been great haha people can be so messy and unhygienic. I'd prefer a studio too but honestly too expensive for me lol I can send a link to the accom page if you want?
Reply 11

saw your pm but apparently you need to have used this app for at least 5 days to pm?? so can't reply sorry
Original post by Anpx
saw your pm but apparently you need to have used this app for at least 5 days to pm?? so can't reply sorry

hahhaa thats terrible, i'll pm u my insta
Reply 13
hahhaa thats terrible, i'll pm u my insta

did not get any new message from you :/ maybe reply here then edit your comment and remove ur insta?
Original post by Anpx
did not get any new message from you :/ maybe reply here then edit your comment and remove ur insta?

let me try again - also do u have snapchat?
Reply 15
let me try again - also do u have snapchat?

still didn't get any message and yeah my Snapchat is ankiitaaa_x insta is ankiitaa_x
Original post by Anpx
still didn't get any message and yeah my Snapchat is ankiitaaa_x insta is ankiitaa_x

I added u x

Quick Reply

Latest