The Student Room Group

Why do some people not need to revise?

When my sister was in secondary school the only revision she did for her exams was some seneca tasks the night before but she nearly always managed to get a 9. Does anyone know why some people can just remember everything they have learnt? I think partly why she was good was because she read for pleasure allll the time so maybe that helped? (She has always been quite smart as well obviously)
Original post by Lucy_Alice_1
When my sister was in secondary school the only revision she did for her exams was some seneca tasks the night before but she nearly always managed to get a 9. Does anyone know why some people can just remember everything they have learnt? I think partly why she was good was because she read for pleasure allll the time so maybe that helped? (She has always been quite smart as well obviously)

You kinda answered your own question there, she's well-read and likely has control of the exam situation. Some people are well-versed in particular subjects more so than others. When I was at college I only got an A in Sociology and Bs, Cs and Ds everywhere else. Certain subjects are easier for some people to grasp than others, probably because they are inspired by the subject and their skills and talents match the subject.
Some people have extraordinary memories.
If you like the subject(s), I think concepts sink in easier > less revision. Also your sister sounds like she workerd smarter /not harder, and it paid off :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Lucy_Alice_1

maybe your sister enjoys her subjects i guess, for example - why do i have the fnaf lore memorised? because i enjoy it. Sometimes you enjoy it more if you understand it more, or just.. gaslight yourself that you enjoy it, which is what i did in gcse geography lmao
Photographic memories, have received lots of exam practice and extensive tutoring, sheer luck.
Reply 6
For me, because my GCSEs were pretty easy, and because I had to be in school rather than doing other things.

When it came to A Levels I came unstuck, partly because they were harder, and mostly because I didn't do much work/really go in :lol:

I breezed through 3 degrees and did next to no revision for any of them. But I did do the initial legwork, which was time consuming.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest