The Student Room Group

Repeating year Vs changing course?

I had a severe mental health crisis and it really impacted my first year, and I had 6 of 8 modules deferred to late summer for examination. I got my results and I failed two of my 8 modules in total, so they aren't letting me progress to second year. I don't think I have to pay tuition fees for the upcoming year but I'll have to sit the two exams again. However id much rather change course as I had been planning to since January. Really unsure on what to do and need some advice. Have contacted the uni but they haven't replied yet.
Original post by Anonymous
I had a severe mental health crisis and it really impacted my first year, and I had 6 of 8 modules deferred to late summer for examination. I got my results and I failed two of my 8 modules in total, so they aren't letting me progress to second year. I don't think I have to pay tuition fees for the upcoming year but I'll have to sit the two exams again. However id much rather change course as I had been planning to since January. Really unsure on what to do and need some advice. Have contacted the uni but they haven't replied yet.

You should be able to. What uni is this? They should have details about what to do if you wish to switch courses on there. I've done it before, but I contacted them in December for next September. Not sure if they would accept for September but give it a good shot.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
You should be able to. What uni is this? They should have details about what to do if you wish to switch courses on there. I've done it before, but I contacted them in December for next September. Not sure if they would accept for September but give it a good shot.

UCL, they're usually quite strict so I'm not really sure. But I'll definitely try

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending