The Student Room Group

Student finance for failed first yearn

I am a first year student and have just found out I have failed 2 modules on my course. I am supposed to be getting student finance next week and am really relying on it. Does anyone no what will happen now. My uni has said that I can repeat them modules next year.
Original post by Anna83838
I am a first year student and have just found out I have failed 2 modules on my course. I am supposed to be getting student finance next week and am really relying on it. Does anyone no what will happen now. My uni has said that I can repeat them modules next year.

Hi Anna, have you ever studied priror to the year you're having to redo? Or is this your first year of study since leaving further education? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Hi yes this is my first year of study

Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Anna, have you ever studied priror to the year you're having to redo? Or is this your first year of study since leaving further education? Thanks, Jason

Hi Anna, are you going to be retaking the year again or repeating these while doing your second year? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
(Original post by SFE Jason)Hi Anna, are you going to be retaking the year again or repeating these while doing your second year? Thanks, Jason

Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Anna, are you going to be retaking the year again or repeating these while doing your second year? Thanks, Jason

Hi I’ll be retaking the year
(Original post by SFE Jason)Hi Anna, are you going to be retaking the year again or repeating these while doing your second year? Thanks, Jason

Hi I’ll be retaking the year

Hi Anna,

You will need to change the course details on your application. If you have already started the course and/or received payment, your university need to send the Change of Circumstances through to us electronically to update the course details to the repeat year.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 6
Hi Clare, I haven’t started the course or received any money I’m resitting the modules in January. Won’t I receive anything before then?

Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Anna,

You will need to change the course details on your application. If you have already started the course and/or received payment, your university need to send the Change of Circumstances through to us electronically to update the course details to the repeat year.

Thanks, Clare
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi Clare, I haven’t started the course or received any money I’m resitting the modules in January. Won’t I receive anything before then?

Hi Anna,

No, you won't receive payments when you are not in attendance. You need to update the course details. I have provided a link that will help you how to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKENmohOsAk

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending