The Student Room Group

Repeating Year

Due to personal circumstances I am repeating my second year of uni for a three year course, this will include another year of tuition fees (and maintenance loan). This decision has been fairly recent, so my application for third year student finance has already been approved - I will need to change it.

How do I inform SFE of this? Will I be entitled to another year of tuition fee loan and maintenance loan?

This actually seems like the only way of contacting SFE about this issue, and the information online is vague and conflicting.

Thanks for any help.
Original post by 14cannch
Due to personal circumstances I am repeating my second year of uni for a three year course, this will include another year of tuition fees (and maintenance loan). This decision has been fairly recent, so my application for third year student finance has already been approved - I will need to change it.

How do I inform SFE of this? Will I be entitled to another year of tuition fee loan and maintenance loan?

This actually seems like the only way of contacting SFE about this issue, and the information online is vague and conflicting.

Thanks for any help.

Hi there, Is this your 1st repeat year of study? Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Yes, it is.
Yes, it is.

Hi there, Thanks for confirming, yes you will be eligible for funding. You can make the changes to the year of the course via your online account. Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Thank you. Will I need to provide any evidence of my circumstances for this updated application?
Thank you. Will I need to provide any evidence of my circumstances for this updated application?

Hi there, As this is your first repeat no evidence will be required. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending