The Student Room Group

let down at work

I'm feeling let down by my management, they've allowed other people to strive and they've just left me at the bottom.

I really want to learn and do the best I can, I've expressed this many times with my boss. But instead I'm just being giving basic basic work where I'm unable to do work which really shows off my skills.

When it does come to doing more skilful work, I struggle a lot because I've not had enough experience in that field. Other people have to pick up my work, because it's never right.

I've done skilful work, in my alone time to learn it from myself. But I stopped as I know I will only be given non-skilful work to do.

I'm really good at doing the non-skilful work, thats why management always put me doing these tasks.

How can I learn with just doing non-technical work, or not having enough experience to do the technical stuff?

I know it's my fault because I stopped teaching myself, but the only work I saw myself doing in my job was the non-skilful work.

Any advice?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm feeling let down by my management, they've allowed other people to strive and they've just left me at the bottom.

I really want to learn and do the best I can, I've expressed this many times with my boss. But instead I'm just being giving basic basic work where I'm unable to do work which really shows off my skills.

When it does come to doing more skilful work, I struggle a lot because I've not had enough experience in that field. Other people have to pick up my work, because it's never right.

I've done skilful work, in my alone time to learn it from myself. But I stopped as I know I will only be given non-skilful work to do.

I'm really good at doing the non-skilful work, thats why management always put me doing these tasks.

How can I learn with just doing non-technical work, or not having enough experience to do the technical stuff?

I know it's my fault because I stopped teaching myself, but the only work I saw myself doing in my job was the non-skilful work.

Any advice?

Well, given that "When it does come to doing more skilful work, I struggle a lot" and "Other people have to pick up my work, because it's never right", it's not a great surprise that you're not asked to do this work terribly often.

It sounds like you've identified the issue yourself: "I stopped teaching myself" as "the only work I saw myself doing in my job was the non-skilful work".

So it sounds like to need to spend some time learning how to do the more skillful work, given that you're not being specifically taught how to do it. You were clearing doing so before (hence the word "stopped"). So start. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending