Hello!!
I'm applying for MPharm at the following Unis:
-KCL
-Manchester
-Bradford
-Birmingham
-Liverpool John Moores
-Unsure of 5th yet!!

My predictions are BBB at the minute but I'm hoping to increase my predictions following my next set of mocks :h:
i want to apply to pharmacy at kings college london. my stats are as follows:
GCSEs:
biology - 6
chemsitry - 8
physics - 6
maths - 7
english literature - 7
english language - 7
computer science - 9
geography - 8
french - 9
business - 8

A levels:
biology - A
chemistry - B
Maths - A

I have volunteered with kids, at a nursing home, at willen hospice and a charity shop. I have shadowed a physiotherapist at the hospice. I have participated in gold DofE and NCS. Chemistry olympiad silver award. I have also completed an online course.

I have hospital WEX but not pharmacy WEX. However i'm still searching and hopefully i'll have something arranged in time to write my personal statement.

Considering these things do you think I have a chance at an interview offer
Reply 22
Original post by student_5253
i want to apply to pharmacy at kings college london.

You have 5 UCAS choices - and since all MPharm degrees are equal and all qualify you as a Pharmacist, it doesnt matter where you train.
Original post by McGinger
Most Unis will not even have started processing new applications yet, never mind sending out interview invitations.
You are going to need to bee much more patient. And resit checking emails all the time - you will drive yourself nuts.

Got my first interview invite today so I guess they’re early! Exciting times :smile:
Original post by Elleanorhs
Got my first interview invite today so I guess they’re early! Exciting times :smile:

Who is it with? Good luck!
Original post by Motherof3Boys
Who is it with? Good luck!

DMU! Thank you so much, I’m wishing I would’ve chosen an earlier spot to save me worrying all morning haha!
I was originally going to study medicine but I didn’t get the grades so I started preparing for pharmacy. Although I have hospital WEX and a lot of volunteering experience, I don’t have extra/super curriculars related to pharmacy, therefore the earliest I can send my application is by December.

My GCSEs are 9988877766
A- levels achieved - AAB (Bio, Maths, Chem respectively)

With these stats will applying late put me at a disadvantage?
Reply 27
Original post by student_5253
will applying late put me at a disadvantage?

You would only be applying 'late' if you applied after the end of January.
Any application for Pharmacy before this will receive 'equal consideration' and have exactly the same chance of an interview as one submitted in September.
Reply 28
Original post by CarrotFluff
I was thinking of applying to ucl and kcl and use the rest of my options for dentistry but I'm not too sure because those unis in particular might have higher competition and I'll be applying with a dentistry personal statement. Anyone else in a similar situation?

I am in the same situation but applying to medicine, and both said they accept medical personal statements but will give priority to the pharmacy personal statements
I feel like it would be similar for dentistry, but Im not sure
Reply 29
guys I haven't sent off my application yet, but what predicted grades would be good for the Russel groups? because their entry requirements are AAB so if I apply with AAB would I have a good chance of receiving an offer or them at least considering it as I'm aware there's many people applying with AAA and higher.
My understanding from the numerous open days that i've attended (russell Group and non-russell group) is that if you meet the entry requirements then you'll be called for interview. I get the impression that it's the interview that is make or break.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 31
Pharmacy is not mega-competitive in the same way that Medicine is for example.
If you meet the entry requirements and can write a sensible Personal Statement then you have a good chance of an interview.

There is no advantage with 'RG' - all MPharm degrees are accredited by the GhPC as equal, all qualify you as a professional Pharmacist on exactly the same level. There is no 'better' MPharm degree. The NHS will never ask 'which Uni' and neither will your future patients/customers. No-one curtsies to you in the street because went to X Uni. Get over it.

ok chill. I'm looking at RS because they have the funding to be able to provide more opportunities with placements and can afford better equipment. Plus they're usually more well rounded in terms of student support and satisfaction and I feel id like it more in that sort of environment, i wasn't looking so I could have strangers curtsying to me in public thanks x
Reply 32
my manchester application has been unsuccessful i don’t understand why
Reply 33
Original post by Vik1006

Is there any obvious reason - do you meet the GCSE requirements, did you list all your A level subject correctly, did your predicted grades meet - etc.

If it still doesnt make sense, then PHONE Manc tomorrow.
Reply 34
do you meet the entry requirements?
Original post by Vik1006
Reply 35
i’m a gap year student so i got AAB for a level and for GCSE i got 8888888766
my personal statement was checked by one of the teachers and they said it was a good personal statement so i i don’t understand what happened
Reply 36
i’ve emailed them and i might try calling them like you said

Is there any obvious reason - do you meet the GCSE requirements, did you list all your A level subject correctly, did your predicted grades meet - etc.

If it still doesnt make sense, then PHONE Manc tomorrow.
Reply 37
94578915-45E5-4101-BC93-A4BFB50A1019.png
i don’t understand how that is because i’m pretty sure i do meet the requirements
Reply 38
Original post by Vik1006
94578915-45E5-4101-BC93-A4BFB50A1019.png
i don’t understand how that is because i’m pretty sure i do meet the requirements

Phone them - mistakes happen.
Reply 39
The universities i applied to required an A in chemistry and i got a B. I didn’t realise that AAB was subject specific so i will have to apply through ucas extra later on for different universities

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending