The Student Room Group

2024 Pharmacy applicants mega-thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Birmingham said they would consider my application
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Vik1006
The universities i applied to required an A in chemistry and i got a B. I didn’t realise that AAB was subject specific so i will have to apply through ucas extra later on for different universities

If you don’t mind me asking which unis did you apply to?
Reply 42
i applied to birmingham bath manchester ucl and kcl
birmingham and bath said they don’t need an A in chemistry
Reply 43
Original post by Vik1006
i applied to birmingham bath manchester ucl and kcl
birmingham and bath said they don’t need an A in chemistry

UCL also said chemistry doesn’t have to be an A so idk why manchester is different
First offer ahhhhh! I want to happy cry
Original post by Elleanorhs

Congratulations 🎉 😍🤩
Reply 46

congratulations!!
Original post by hafsahh77
hi guys, I’m applying to mpharm very soon with
GCSES : 8777777755 ( 5s in rs and English lit)
A levels : AAA prediction ( biology, chemistry, psychology )
unis : UCL, KCL, Kingston, Manchester and Nottingham
work experience : volunteering of months at a hospital , WEX at a GP and shadowed a pharmacist, silver in senior maths challenge and STEM SMART qualification
do you think I have a chance at an interview?

Of course! They tend to interview most applicants but you sound like a strong candidate
Reply 48
I'm predicted AAB so would it be fine applying to 4 AAB unis and 1 ABB uni, or should I apply to 2 ABB unis to increase my chances?
Original post by tsracclol
I'm predicted AAB so would it be fine applying to 4 AAB unis and 1 ABB uni, or should I apply to 2 ABB unis to increase my chances?

I'd personally apply to two ABB/ BBB because if you only apply to one and gor whatever reason it doesnt offer, you'll be stuck for an insurance choice.
How is everyone preparing for interviews? Are there any good resources out there?
Reply 51
Original post by Motherof3Boys
How is everyone preparing for interviews? Are there any good resources out there?

See this Sticky post - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7281139
Reply 52
I have applied for dent with pharmacy being my 5th choice. Applying with A*AA (maths, bio, chem respectivley), predicted A epq, B in further maths AS and a pending NVQ Level 2 in pharmacy services and almost a year working in a pharmacy part time. Just got an offer from Newcastle Uni. I am on their partners scheme. Their was no interview though? I didnt know if they interview for pharm?
Original post by limacus
I have applied for dent with pharmacy being my 5th choice. Applying with A*AA (maths, bio, chem respectivley), predicted A epq, B in further maths AS and a pending NVQ Level 2 in pharmacy services and almost a year working in a pharmacy part time. Just got an offer from Newcastle Uni. I am on their partners scheme. Their was no interview though? I didnt know if they interview for pharm?

I thought GPhC had mandated one-to-one interviews for MPharm entry but could be wrong there
Reply 54
I thought GPhC had mandated one-to-one interviews for MPharm entry but could be wrong there

I saw another post on TSR ( https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7294750 ) and Newcastle Uni replied to someone and stated that they are not going to be interviewing for 2024 entry, but they will be for 2025.
Reply 55
Original post by Vik1006
which unis is everyone applying to?

UCL
Uni of Manchester
Uni of Nottingham
Uni of Birmingham
Newcastle University
Reply 56
Has anyone had an interview from Manchester? What kind of questions did they ask?
Reply 57
Is anybody here applying to Keele university?
Reply 58
Original post by SAML205
Has anyone had an interview from Manchester? What kind of questions did they ask?

Folks, please remember that TSR strictly forbids any chat about interview details about specific tasks, tests and questions - both on boards and via pm.

'I think I messed up the last question' or 'It was a panel interview' is fine but nothing more detailed please.

(If you think about it, its not in your interests to give away any details. If you provide this information online for everyone else to read, other applicants will have an obvious advantage - and they may get an offer instead of you ....)
I am applying to Brighton university and University of East anglia to study pharmacy with a foundation year,and I am applying with CCD grades, when both of their requirments are CCC. Does anyone who has already applied to pharmacy no if those universities would still consider me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending