The Student Room Group

2024 Pharmacy applicants mega-thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hazlenut2000
I am applying to Brighton university and University of East anglia to study pharmacy with a foundation year,and I am applying with CCD grades, when both of their requirments are CCC. Does anyone who has already applied to pharmacy no if those universities would still consider me.

I got into MPharm with FY at UEA with a C and an E so definitely have a shot! Just make sure you’re feeling prepped and confident for the interview :smile:
Original post by Elleanorhs
I got into MPharm with FY at UEA with a C and an E so definitely have a shot! Just make sure you’re feeling prepped and confident for the interview :smile:

Thank you, do they reduce entry requirements for widening participation students because I don't think I would qualify, and does UEA require an interview before I can progress to 1st year afyer foundation year or do I just have to get a certain percentage (like 70%) for my work
Reply 62
I am applying to Brighton university and University of East anglia to study pharmacy with a foundation year,and I am applying with CCD grades, when both of their requirments are CCC. Does anyone who has already applied to pharmacy no if those universities would still consider me.

Thank you, do they reduce entry requirements for widening participation students because I don't think I would qualify, and does UEA require an interview before I can progress to 1st year afyer foundation year or do I just have to get a certain percentage (like 70%) for my work

Email them and ask.
Reply 63
Original post by Vik1006
which unis is everyone applying to?

My predicted grades are an A* in english lit, an A in chemistry and a B in biology which I am not happy about but we move.

The universities I am planning to apply to very soon are:
UCL
KCL
Reading Uni
Kingston Uni
Uni of Hertfordshire

The stuff I included in my personal statement was my personal reasons for wanting to do pharmacy, my passion for chemistry, my palliative care wex, my hospital volunteering, and my experience being a tutor.

I've already seen people getting invited to interviews so I will send my applications off ASAP, I don't have much faith in being accepted but we'll see.
Original post by M_io
My predicted grades are an A* in english lit, an A in chemistry and a B in biology which I am not happy about but we move.

The universities I am planning to apply to very soon are:
UCL
KCL
Reading Uni
Kingston Uni
Uni of Hertfordshire

The stuff I included in my personal statement was my personal reasons for wanting to do pharmacy, my passion for chemistry, my palliative care wex, my hospital volunteering, and my experience being a tutor.

I've already seen people getting invited to interviews so I will send my applications off ASAP, I don't have much faith in being accepted but we'll see.

Not sure why you don’t have faith- Kingston offered me a place for much worse grades in 2021 and you’ve also got tons of relevant wex!! Believe in yourself🥲
What makes you one of the strongest applicants? Like what criteria is required?
Reply 66
Original post by ididadoodie
What makes you one of the strongest applicants? Like what criteria is required?

Grades.

Common-sense Personal Statement, including - evidence of interest in organic / medicinal chemistry, awareness of patient-care / changing role of Pharmacists, understanding of NHS Values etc
has anyone applied to bradford and how r they preparing for interviews?
Reply 68
has anyone heard from birmingham
Reply 69
Has anyone heard anything from Birmingham, UCL, Nottingham or Newcastle?
Reply 70
Original post by SAML205
Has anyone heard anything from Birmingham, UCL, Nottingham or Newcastle?

haven’t heard from ucl or birmingham
Reply 71
but i have emailed birmingham just to see if they started sending out interview invites so we’ll see what they say
Reply 72
my predicted grades are AAB for chem bio is A and B in psychology.
i want to apply to kcl ucl kingston medway hertfordshire for pharmacy
Do you think i will get an offer to kcl with just AAB ?? or will they prefer higher. Anyone have any unique personal statement tips??
Reply 73
Received an invitation to do the online test for UCL!
Reply 74
Original post by Vik1006

hiiii, congrats!!!

what were ur predicted grades?
Reply 75
Original post by AJ_05_
hiiii, congrats!!!

what were ur predicted grades?

i did my a levels this year and got AAB :smile:
Original post by Vik1006

Hey,
When was this?
Also what is the test about?
Reply 77
Original post by Vik1006
i did my a levels this year and got AAB :smile:

ohhh ur gap year.
you did great on your A level😊
Reply 78
Original post by teenagegirl123
Hey,
When was this?
Also what is the test about?

They sent it today at 1:18pm. The test has a maths section, an essay i think and some situational questions i heard
Reply 79
Original post by AJ_05_
ohhh ur gap year.
you did great on your A level😊

thank you! 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending