The Student Room Group

2024 Pharmacy applicants mega-thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vik1006
i did my a levels this year and got AAB :smile:

If you don’t mind me asking what subject did u get a B in.
Actually I did my a levels too this year and got the same grades as you with a B in chemistry. So I’m not sure whether I should apply to unis like kcl or ucl as it could put me at a disadvantage.
Also usually gap year students have to show unis what they have planned for the gap year.
Did you write anything regarding this in your personal statement?
Reply 81
Original post by student_5253
If you don’t mind me asking what subject did u get a B in.
Actually I did my a levels too this year and got the same grades as you with a B in chemistry. So I’m not sure whether I should apply to unis like kcl or ucl as it could put me at a disadvantage.
Also usually gap year students have to show unis what they have planned for the gap year.
Did you write anything regarding this in your personal statement?

i got a B in chemistry. Manchester rejected me for that reason so I started panicking that others would reject me too. But i emailed my other unis to make sure and all the others said a B in chem is fine as long as the others are A’s. I don’t believe i mentioned anything about my gap year in my personal statement
Original post by Vik1006
They sent it today at 1:18pm. The test has a maths section, an essay i think and some situational questions i heard

Hi,
Was the test hard?
And when you do the interview can you let me know how it goes im stressing as i havent heard back from ucl and really really want to go there ive been set on it since like secondary school💔
Has anyone else got interviews for pharmacy?
Reply 84
Original post by teenagegirl123
Hi,
Was the test hard?
And when you do the interview can you let me know how it goes im stressing as i havent heard back from ucl and really really want to go there ive been set on it since like secondary school💔

When did you apply for UCL? I haven’t done the test yet it’s on monday but i’ll let you know how i feel afterwards🙂
Original post by Vik1006
When did you apply for UCL? I haven’t done the test yet it’s on monday but i’ll let you know how i feel afterwards🙂

I applied this time last week
Wbu?
Btw im not a gap year student im in y13
Reply 86
I applied this time last week
Wbu?
Btw im not a gap year student im in y13

heyy if you dont mind me asking, what were ur predicted grades? have u got a reply yet??
Original post by AJ_05_
heyy if you dont mind me asking, what were ur predicted grades? have u got a reply yet??

Hi my predicteds are A*AB and no replies yet sadly💔💔💔
Wbu??
Original post by Vik1006
i got a B in chemistry. Manchester rejected me for that reason so I started panicking that others would reject me too. But i emailed my other unis to make sure and all the others said a B in chem is fine as long as the others are A’s. I don’t believe i mentioned anything about my gap year in my personal statement

Thank you for your reply!
Could you please tell me what unis you applied and whether you had any work experience?
Reply 89
Thank you for your reply!
Could you please tell me what unis you applied and whether you had any work experience?

I also applied to kcl, bath and birmingham. I regret applying to 2 london unis as living there would be so expensive. I wish i put Aston as my other option. As for work experience i did volunteering at a care home, didn’t have any in a pharmacy related field. However i did do some online courses on pharmacy, read some articles to show my interest
Original post by Vik1006
I also applied to kcl, bath and birmingham. I regret applying to 2 london unis as living there would be so expensive. I wish i put Aston as my other option. As for work experience i did volunteering at a care home, didn’t have any in a pharmacy related field. However i did do some online courses on pharmacy, read some articles to show my interest

May I ask what courses you did as I’m looking to do some online courses but can’t find any good ones
Reply 91
May I ask what courses you did as I’m looking to do some online courses but can’t find any good ones

I found some on FutureLearn. Don’t remember the exact name but you can just type in pharmacy and a bunch of them should show up
Original post by Vik1006
Received an invitation to do the online test for UCL!

congrats!!! when did you send your application off?
Reply 93
Original post by _mangosmoothie_
congrats!!! when did you send your application off?

thank you! i sent it off back in september
Original post by Vik1006
I found some on FutureLearn. Don’t remember the exact name but you can just type in pharmacy and a bunch of them should show up

Thank you and congratulations on the interview offer!
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by 222username
Has anyone else got interviews for pharmacy?

Have had an interview and offer for DMU!
Original post by Elleanorhs

Wow already!! Congratulations that’s really impressive . Please please please give me just like a dump on any interview tips and advices on everything I’m really nervous and have been wanting to do pharmacy for like ever!!!
Wow already!! Congratulations that’s really impressive . Please please please give me just like a dump on any interview tips and advices on everything I’m really nervous and have been wanting to do pharmacy for like ever!!!

Thank you so much- I applied super early and I’m not doing A Levels so don’t have to wait for results day! Obviously TSR forbids talk about interview question specifics and I don’t want to break rules haha, but I will say it was lovely and relaxed- just make sure you know why you want to do Pharmacy and you know the role of a Pharmacist as is standard for all, don’t stress yourself out too much about maths or ethics/scenario questions. If you’re passionate about Pharmacy and competent in relevant subjects (biochem, maths to at least GCSE for clinical calculations) plus aware of roughly what you’ll be doing as a Pharmacist and the standards for Pharmacy Professionals you’ll be all good (and it sounds like you’re passionate)🥹
I also watched a few YouTube vids on interview prep but just make sure they’re UK MPharm ones or you’re wasting your time (there are 2 or 3).
I stressed myself right out and didn’t eat the day before hahaha but when it got to it I regretted that because it was really chilled! Relevant work experience or independent study also sets you apart, are you able to enquire with local pharmacies or GP surgeries to shadow/look on FutureLearn or similar sites? Where have you applied for? X
Original post by Elleanorhs

Wow! well done!! Where else did you apply and have you heard back from them yet?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 99
Hi my predicteds are A*AB and no replies yet sadly💔💔💔
Wbu??

my predictions are AAB i wanna apply to UCL and KCL Medway Kingston Hertfordshire. I have had no reply ☹️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending