The Student Room Group

Funding for second degree

Hi there. Just rewriting this with updated notes as I was unable to reply or update my thread for my previous discussion:

Hi there. I was on the website for eligibility on GOV.I’m a Swiss student and I already hold a bachelors(honours) degree and I want to do anotherundergraduate degree in compsci. I saw on theGOV website that I can get funding IF it’s either apart time honors or integrated masters in a selectfew subjects (which compsci is one of them).

Does this mean that I can apply for an integratedmasters (which is still full time) and get the fundingeven with a previous degree? I am aware I receiveno maintenance loans, I just want to know if I canget tuition funding on my degree.

Now the course I want to do is the University of Essex’s Integrated masters in computer science which is a full time, 4 year bachelors (3 years) with a masters (1 year).

I was not funded for my previous UK degree, I understand that having a degree (it’s an honors degree) regardless makes me ineligible for funding but as above I want to know if I can be funded. I am aware part time courses are funded, I have been on the phone a couple of times with many different people from SFE and they’ve all told me different things.

Thanks very much
Original post by Zodod
Hi there. Just rewriting this with updated notes as I was unable to reply or update my thread for my previous discussion:

Hi there. I was on the website for eligibility on GOV.I’m a Swiss student and I already hold a bachelors(honours) degree and I want to do anotherundergraduate degree in compsci. I saw on theGOV website that I can get funding IF it’s either apart time honors or integrated masters in a selectfew subjects (which compsci is one of them).

Does this mean that I can apply for an integratedmasters (which is still full time) and get the fundingeven with a previous degree? I am aware I receiveno maintenance loans, I just want to know if I canget tuition funding on my degree.

Now the course I want to do is the University of Essex’s Integrated masters in computer science which is a full time, 4 year bachelors (3 years) with a masters (1 year).

I was not funded for my previous UK degree, I understand that having a degree (it’s an honors degree) regardless makes me ineligible for funding but as above I want to know if I can be funded. I am aware part time courses are funded, I have been on the phone a couple of times with many different people from SFE and they’ve all told me different things.

Thanks very much

Hi there,

A Computer Science course can be an exception, but only when studied part-time. So you study a degree or integrated masters, it just needs to be part-time.

You should be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan for the duration and, so long as the course isn't distance learning, you should get a Maintenance Loan too.

Since the course you mentioned is full-time you won't be entitled to any funding for that, unfortunately.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending