The Student Room Group

Part time funding HELP!!!!

Hi

I have no full time finance left due to previous study
The only thing I gained was a Certificate of Higher Education

I have been told I can be awarded for part time as I didn’t get a degree.
Is that the case? My course is Criminology part time
Really stressing as I’ve been in 3 weeks already don’t want to leave now if they won’t fund
Original post by asmramy
Hi

I have no full time finance left due to previous study
The only thing I gained was a Certificate of Higher Education

I have been told I can be awarded for part time as I didn’t get a degree.
Is that the case? My course is Criminology part time
Really stressing as I’ve been in 3 weeks already don’t want to leave now if they won’t fund

Hi there, what is the university you're looking to study at? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, what is the university you're looking to study at? Thanks, Jason

Leeds beckett
Original post by asmramy
Leeds beckett

If you've not achieved a qualification yet then you can make an application for a part time course. The applications do take 6-8 weeks to process so would encourage you doing this as soon as you can. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
If you've not achieved a qualification yet then you can make an application for a part time course. The applications do take 6-8 weeks to process so would encourage you doing this as soon as you can. Thanks, Jason

I have obtained a CertHE as an exit award during full time study, would that count?
Original post by asmramy
I have obtained a CertHE as an exit award during full time study, would that count?

Previous study rules for funding part time courses are much more generous than for full time. For full time you get funding for the length of the course plus 1 gift year. For part time you get funding for up to 13 years of study (iirr). So as long as you’re aiming at a qualification above a certHE and are studying a part time course then you’re unlikely to have any issues from previous study.
Original post by asmramy

Hi there,

If it's a course on a higher level than the qualification you already hold then you would be assessed for this. Thanks, Jason
Reply 7
The course is a BsC
Reply 8
By assessed does that mean approved?
Original post by asmramy
By assessed does that mean approved?

There are a few criminology courses at Leeds Beckett. Which is the part time one you're looking to do. Is it just the Criminology on it's own? Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending