The Student Room Group

Midwifery as second degree - funding?

I currently have an Open Uni degree in Pscyhology which completed part time and had funding from Student finance for.
I am now interested in midwifery but have read that I would not be eligible for tuition fees funding via SF because I already have a degree? Or is there an exception for nursing degrees?
Thank you
Original post by Amy Morgans
I currently have an Open Uni degree in Pscyhology which completed part time and had funding from Student finance for.
I am now interested in midwifery but have read that I would not be eligible for tuition fees funding via SF because I already have a degree? Or is there an exception for nursing degrees?
Thank you

Hi there. Typically Nursing courses are exempt from previous study rules. Could you please confirm the following and we can check the course for you?

University
Full course name
Length of course
Start date
Full time/Part time

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. Typically Nursing courses are exempt from previous study rules. Could you please confirm the following and we can check the course for you?

University
Full course name
Length of course
Start date
Full time/Part time

Thanks, Leah.

Thank You for your quick reply, I have not applied yet but would be looking at the following:
University of Greenwich
Midwifery (Medway), BSc Hons
3 years full time

Would probably be looking for a 2025 start.

Thank you so much
Thank You for your quick reply, I have not applied yet but would be looking at the following:
University of Greenwich
Midwifery (Medway), BSc Hons
3 years full time

Would probably be looking for a 2025 start.

Thank you so much

Yes, this course is funded by SFE and would attract full funding as it is exempt from our previous study rules.

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 4
Original post by Leah SLC
Yes, this course is funded by SFE and would attract full funding as it is exempt from our previous study rules.

Thanks, Leah.

Thank you for your help
Thank you for your help

You're welcome. If you have any other questions let us know. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending