The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

How to transfer programme at UCL?

I just applied for UCL in the major of economics and business with East European studies, I would like to change it to another major after I have got an offer (if so), how to make the transfer of the major?
Contact them and ask them to switch it.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Anonymous
I just applied for UCL in the major of economics and business with East European studies, I would like to change it to another major after I have got an offer (if so), how to make the transfer of the major?

Hey, did you manage switching then? Because I applied for HPE and now I don’t really want to study it
Reply 3
Original post by Taehyungxoxogg
Hey, did you manage switching then? Because I applied for HPE and now I don’t really want to study it

I haven't got an offer yet, I did not contact UCL for switching, sorry can't help u.
Reply 4
i'm currently a first year UCL student, but i tried to change my course before firming UCL last year. there's an option on askUCL (which there should be a link to on portico) to transfer your application to another programme.

but it is worth noting that it's not very likely they let you change, especially since courses are more oversubscribed than usual - i wanted to switch from biological sciences to biomedical sciences, and they wouldn't let me unfortunately
Reply 5
Original post by leucinia
i'm currently a first year UCL student, but i tried to change my course before firming UCL last year. there's an option on askUCL (which there should be a link to on portico) to transfer your application to another programme.

but it is worth noting that it's not very likely they let you change, especially since courses are more oversubscribed than usual - i wanted to switch from biological sciences to biomedical sciences, and they wouldn't let me unfortunately

thanks!
Reply 6
Hi I’m a current UCL student who attempted to change my course before.
So generally there are several ways to change the course.
First of all, you can change it after you get the offer for the course you applied for on UCAS but before uni starts.
Or you can change it within 2 weeks(approximately) after the start of first term.
Both routes are achieved by contacting heads of teaching of your current course and your intended course.
Note if you wanna change be quick. Normally all changes should be done before 2 weeks after term starts.
If you wanna change within your department ot faculty it will be easier. But inter-faculty changes may be harder. They may require your reasons for changing and that’s basically a brand new personal statement🤨
But that’s fine all you need to do is be decisive and be quick. I didn’t do it within 2 weeks after term starts so I didn’t switch successfully 😔
Reply 7
Original post by Muyang D
Hi I’m a current UCL student who attempted to change my course before.
So generally there are several ways to change the course.
First of all, you can change it after you get the offer for the course you applied for on UCAS but before uni starts.
Or you can change it within 2 weeks(approximately) after the start of first term.
Both routes are achieved by contacting heads of teaching of your current course and your intended course.
Note if you wanna change be quick. Normally all changes should be done before 2 weeks after term starts.
If you wanna change within your department ot faculty it will be easier. But inter-faculty changes may be harder. They may require your reasons for changing and that’s basically a brand new personal statement🤨
But that’s fine all you need to do is be decisive and be quick. I didn’t do it within 2 weeks after term starts so I didn’t switch successfully 😔

thanks a lot!
Reply 8
did you transfer? I really wanna transfer to art and sci with year abroad!!
Reply 9
did you transfer? I also get HPE offer but want to transfer to art and sci

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending