The Student Room Group

Student finance update?

So, I've started my 3rd Year of Medicine and I've had my first placement. I recently learnt that SFE will contribute to travel costs for placement but I didn't tick that I was on placement for my application. I've looked into it and it says to complete a form but on the form you have to tick that you've changed course which I haven't done? I'm on the same course it's just that I'm on placement. Any advice?
Hi there. You would still complete the full section on the change or circumstances form, even if you are only changing to indicate placement. You would just put in your course details on the section as normal. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. You would still complete the full section on the change or circumstances form, even if you are only changing to indicate placement. You would just put in your course details on the section as normal. Thanks, Leah.

Hi there, so I'm trying to fill out the change in course but the questions like

did the change of course take place after you started your previous course?
date you will start your new course?

What do I put? Do I put No as it is the same course with placement? and then do I put the original start date of my course but I didn't have placement originally? I don't really know what to put
Hi there. You would put 'No' for if the change took place after you course started, providing you didn't decide to go on the placement version after the course started.

You would just put the original course start date for the start date question. As in the 1st year you started the course. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 4
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. You would put 'No' for if the change took place after you course started, providing you didn't decide to go on the placement version after the course started.

You would just put the original course start date for the start date question. As in the 1st year you started the course. Thanks, Leah.

Well it didn't change as such? I study medicine so the first two years are in uni and then 3rd year onwards is placement based
Original post by AGalanthynius
Well it didn't change as such? I study medicine so the first two years are in uni and then 3rd year onwards is placement based

Hi there,

If you had indicated on your application that you were not on placement then it would be a Change of Circumstances because you should have put down that you were on placement.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 6
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

If you had indicated on your application that you were not on placement then it would be a Change of Circumstances because you should have put down that you were on placement.

Thanks, Drew

Ok so am I putting change of course or change of other circumstance not listed on the form. I'm so sorry I'm struggling to understand all of this and it feels quite complicated.
Original post by AGalanthynius
Ok so am I putting change of course or change of other circumstance not listed on the form. I'm so sorry I'm struggling to understand all of this and it feels quite complicated.

Hi there, You would indicate change of course. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending