The Student Room Group

What BMAT score should I aim for - Oxford Biomed?

Hi,

I have my heart dead set on Oxford Biomedical Sciences. It's such a dream of mine, I absolutely adore both the course material and the city. I'd love to know what the BMAT is used for in the application - shortlisting only? Or is it referred to throughout? Also what kind of score should I be aiming for? Oxford (for Biomed at least) weights BMAT and GCSEs equally when considering an applicant for shortlisting. For context, I received 11 x 9s and 1 x A*, but I'm not sure what the lower end of the range for shortlisting is (as the stats on the webstie are in %, they aren't super helpful). And any BMAT prep tips would be so so appreciated; in practice tests, I find section 2 very time pressured and the content is so varied so I'm finding effective revision super difficult. Advice on that specifically would be fab.

Thanks very much!
Reply 1
Original post by its_jiaa
Hi,

I have my heart dead set on Oxford Biomedical Sciences. It's such a dream of mine, I absolutely adore both the course material and the city. I'd love to know what the BMAT is used for in the application - shortlisting only? Or is it referred to throughout? Also what kind of score should I be aiming for? Oxford (for Biomed at least) weights BMAT and GCSEs equally when considering an applicant for shortlisting. For context, I received 11 x 9s and 1 x A*, but I'm not sure what the lower end of the range for shortlisting is (as the stats on the webstie are in %, they aren't super helpful). And any BMAT prep tips would be so so appreciated; in practice tests, I find section 2 very time pressured and the content is so varied so I'm finding effective revision super difficult. Advice on that specifically would be fab.

Thanks very much!

You are in the medicine forum, and might do better here
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=631
Reply 2
Original post by GANFYD
You are in the medicine forum, and might do better here
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=631

Thanks! TSR Didn't give me that option oops

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending