The Student Room Group

Bestfirend issue

Idk why but these days I feel distant with my bestfirend she skips school usually bcs she can't be bothered to go school and she's becoming quite ruder aswell all of these started when she got a bf tbh I'm rlly happy for her but she's changing any ideas?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Idk why but these days I feel distant with my bestfirend she skips school usually bcs she can't be bothered to go school and she's becoming quite ruder aswell all of these started when she got a bf tbh I'm rlly happy for her but she's changing any ideas?

There is no rule that says a best friend shall be best friends for life. People change and will move in and out of your life. If what she is doing does not align with your values e.g. you go to school, she doesn't, perhaps it is time to give her some space and look for other friends to take her place?
Original post by Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your best friend :frown:

It can be really difficult when you are having an issue with a best friend, and I can understand the situation you are currently in. You could try and talk to her and explain how you are feeling at the moment and see if she will have a conversation with you about what is going on. However, people do tend to change slightly when they are dating someone and they tend to spend more time with their partner than their friends, which is somewhat a natural response.

Unfortunately, maybe she's seeking a bit of space from you or she's just focusing on her boyfriend more, which will be difficult and painful for you, especially if you have been friends for a long time. Hopefully you have other friends or have the opportunity to make friends which can help you not distract yourself from this issue :smile:

I hope you are doing okay!

Nicole
Second Year Law Student
Reply 3
People change in life unfortunately. This has happened to me too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending