The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York LLB Problem Based Learning

What is York's problem-based learning like? I'm quite introverted and I tend to sit at the back during group work because everyone just speaks too fast and loudly... I'm also bad at presentations and have stage fright.

I do want to try and push myself to improve in group work in presentations as I feel like this would be important if I want to become a solicitor in the future but at the same time, I'm scared I'd be putting too much pressure on myself if I push myself too far...

Has anyone here gone to York Law School? What was the problem-based learning like? How much support are you given by the teachers?
Original post by Anonymous
What is York's problem-based learning like? I'm quite introverted and I tend to sit at the back during group work because everyone just speaks too fast and loudly... I'm also bad at presentations and have stage fright.

I do want to try and push myself to improve in group work in presentations as I feel like this would be important if I want to become a solicitor in the future but at the same time, I'm scared I'd be putting too much pressure on myself if I push myself too far...

Has anyone here gone to York Law School? What was the problem-based learning like? How much support are you given by the teachers?

Hi!

We've got some blog posts written by York Law students where they talk about their experiences with PBL. I hope these are useful to you and give you a bit of an insight into studying Law at York. From what I've heard of PBL, it gives you the chance to slowly get more experience at getting involved at practical work by sharing ideas within a small group. Doing this regularly will hopefully help you feel so much more confident!

Hazel :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by University of York
Hi!

We've got some blog posts written by York Law students where they talk about their experiences with PBL. I hope these are useful to you and give you a bit of an insight into studying Law at York. From what I've heard of PBL, it gives you the chance to slowly get more experience at getting involved at practical work by sharing ideas within a small group. Doing this regularly will hopefully help you feel so much more confident!

Hazel :smile:

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest