The Student Room Group

postgrad masters loan- reapplying to uni

I applied for a postgrad loan for this academic year as I was accepted onto a masters course, however, I withdrew my place from the course before the course started (never registered or enrolled). I am no longer registered with the university, though it is taking some time for them to process it fully.
My SFE account shows payments are 'awaiting confirmation'- I'm assuming these payments will be cancelled once my uni has officially processed my withdrawal. Will I still be eligible for a postgrad loan for the next academic year?

Edit: I didn't withdraw because of compelling reasons- I'm taking another year out to work and want to change fields/unis
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by RandomMelodrama
I applied for a postgrad loan for this academic year as I was accepted onto a masters course, however, I withdrew my place from the course before the course started (never registered or enrolled). I am no longer registered with the university, though it is taking some time for them to process it fully.
My SFE account shows payments are 'awaiting confirmation'- I'm assuming these payments will be cancelled once my uni has officially processed my withdrawal. Will I still be eligible for a postgrad loan for the next academic year?

Edit: I didn't withdraw because of compelling reasons- I'm taking another year out to work and want to change fields/unis

Hi there,

You would be eligible as long as you didn't enrol. If you ask the university to send us a 'not in attendance' withdrawal so we can update this. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending