The Student Room Group

A-Levels

I didn't try at all at my gcses and got 55544443.
Is it possible to get high grades (maybe a*s) in my aleves if I try really hard?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Ben bolan
Is it possible to get high grades (maybe a*s) in my aleves if I try really hard?

If you are motivated to study hard and can learn the content inside and out so that you are extremely confident, you can achieve high grades.

What subjects are you doing? Just out of curiosity :smile:
Reply 2

It depends. It would be extremely unlikely in certainly subject such as Maths, Sciences, and English lit, but if you put in a lot of effort and ensure you study effectively and efficiently, it will be more likely in subjects such as Art, Drama, RE, or maybe a subject you did not do at GCSE such as Sociology, Law, Psychology.

To be blunt though, it is going to be a very big ask, and normally students with those grades are not allowed to do A-levels, and will do alternatives such as BTECs instead.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Aceful
If you are motivated to study hard and can learn the content inside and out so that you are extremely confident, you can achieve high grades.

What subjects are you doing? Just out of curiosity :smile:

History, classical civilisations and film studies.
Reply 4
Original post by lalexm
It depends. It would be extremely unlikely in certainly subject such as Maths, Sciences, and English lit, but if you put in a lot of effort and ensure you study effectively and efficiently, it will be more likely in subjects such as Art, Drama, RE, or maybe a subject you did not do at GCSE such as Sociology, Law, Psychology.

To be blunt though, it is going to be a very big ask, and normally students with those grades are not allowed to do A-levels, and will do alternatives such as BTECs instead.

I know everybody's got an exuce, but I was so depressed and in practice tests when I revised a little I'd I'd achieve 7s. I just really want to turn my life around, that's all
Reply 5
I know everybody's got an exuce, but I was so depressed and in practice tests when I revised a little I'd I'd achieve 7s. I just really want to turn my life around, that's all

Okay great, best of luck.
Reply 6
I have found that my friends who didn't do too good at GCSE ended up thriving in A-Levels, likewise some of the people who found GCSEs easy ended up retaking A-Levels so if you want it enough then I think you definitely have a shot :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by mai0may
I have found that my friends who didn't do too good at GCSE ended up thriving in A-Levels, likewise some of the people who found GCSEs easy ended up retaking A-Levels so if you want it enough then I think you definitely have a shot :smile:

Thank you. I really will try.

from somebody who got U345566 in my gcses i am now getting A*A*A in my a levels! it is 100% possible!!!!! do not doubt yourself
Reply 9
Original post by aleisham063
from somebody who got U345566 in my gcses i am now getting A*A*A in my a levels! it is 100% possible!!!!! do not doubt yourself

Thank you, I needed this so much. May I ask what you took at college?
Thank you, I needed this so much. May I ask what you took at college?

dont worry bae u got this easily, I'm taking history, sociology and law! what r u planning on taking xxx
Reply 11
Original post by aleisham063
dont worry bae u got this easily, I'm taking history, sociology and law! what r u planning on taking xxx

I've just started my first year, doing History, classical civilisations and film studies.
I've just started my first year, doing History, classical civilisations and film studies.

subjects are so slay

Quick Reply

Latest