The Student Room Group

What are my chances of get into Hills Road College?

Hello
My mocks are going to start at the end of October for my predicted grades which will be sent to sixth forms. As of now my grades the there few anticipatated grades on school system. I just want to know how likely I am to get into the college if get somewhere about these grades in my mocks as it will help me with my revision plans. My grades as followed:-
Maths - 8
Chemistry - 9
Biology - 9
Physics - 9
Economics - 8
English Literature - 8
English Language - 9
Statistics - 7
Geography - 7
Further Maths - 8
Computer Science - 7
German - 6
Original post by Steadyy
Hello
My mocks are going to start at the end of October for my predicted grades which will be sent to sixth forms. As of now my grades the there few anticipatated grades on school system. I just want to know how likely I am to get into the college if get somewhere about these grades in my mocks as it will help me with my revision plans. My grades as followed:-
Maths - 8
Chemistry - 9
Biology - 9
Physics - 9
Economics - 8
English Literature - 8
English Language - 9
Statistics - 7
Geography - 7
Further Maths - 8
Computer Science - 7
German - 6

Honestly, your grades are good enough for anything you will apply so stop worrying and focus on your GCSEs! I think colleges would be more willing to get you in their college.

Good luck on your studies!
Original post by Steadyy
Hello
Maths - 8
Chemistry - 9
Biology - 9
Physics - 9
Economics - 8
English Literature - 8
English Language - 9
Statistics - 7
Geography - 7
Further Maths - 8
Computer Science - 7
German - 6

as long as you are in the catchment area, you'll get an offer. if not, you wont, they're very oversubscribed. i got rejected in 2022 bc of that, but if you really want to go, then you can reapply on results day and there's a fairly good chance you'll get in- personally i didn't bother reapplying and just ended up going to a closer sixth form but its your own decision.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by gabriellamadelyn
as long as you are in the catchment area, you'll get an offer. if not, you wont, they're very oversubscribed. i got rejected in 2022 bc of that, but if you really want to go, then you can reapply on results day and there's a fairly good chance you'll get in- personally i didn't and just ended up going to a closer sixth form but its your own decision.

Oh ok thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by Steadyy
Oh ok thanks.

This isn’t necessarily true so don’t be discouraged please! I’m out of catchment and have other people from my school and area who got in. The college states that if they’re oversubscribed they will consider CAP schools as one of other conditions when giving offers. Your grades are really good and i know people from my area who got in with lower grades. As long as you’re within suitable travel distance (not something unrealistically far away for daily travel) then feel free to apply if you would like to potentially go there. Obviously you can never exactly tell what admissions will do but there’s no harm in applying.
Original post by noclue678
This isn’t necessarily true so don’t be discouraged please! I’m out of catchment and have other people from my school and area who got in. The college states that if they’re oversubscribed they will consider CAP schools as one of other conditions when giving offers. Your grades are really good and i know people from my area who got in with lower grades. As long as you’re within suitable travel distance (not something unrealistically far away for daily travel) then feel free to apply if you would like to potentially go there. Obviously you can never exactly tell what admissions will do but there’s no harm in applying.

my point was just to not get ur heart set on it bc they're oversubscribed year after year and yr11 me was absolutely devastated
Reply 6
Original post by Zephyr0221
Honestly, your grades are good enough for anything you will apply so stop worrying and focus on your GCSEs! I think colleges would be more willing to get you in their college.
Good luck on your studies!

Quick Reply

Latest