The Student Room Group

Hills Road Sixth Form Cambridge

Hi, I would really appreciate if someone could answer my questions about life at Hills Road Sixth Form. Are students able to leave the college campus at lunchtime? Are they able to leave for the whole lunch break and is this something students are able to do throughout the entire year? Thank you
Heya, former Hills Road student here. There's no signing in/out when you leave/enter college. You can pretty much leave whenever you want to, either through the back entrance or the main one. You can leave during break, lunch and during your frees.
Reply 2
How's hills like in terms of workload and the pastoral care? I'm planning to pick STEM a levels
Reply 3
Original post by Trickia
How's hills like in terms of workload and the pastoral care? I'm planning to pick STEM a levels

I'm in year 12 and do chem maths bio and honestly, the workload isn't as much as people make out as long as you are organised enough to know when you're going to do what. Saying that, there is a lot of Biology content but I know quite a few people in my classes agree that it isn't the content that is hard, it's more the exam technique that's the most difficult part.
As for pastoral care I think it depends on your tutor and teachers on the experience you'll get with that.
Reply 4
Okay thank you
Btw what's ur ops on hills so far?
Also are the places for independent studying/work good? @emayr
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Trickia
Okay thank you
Btw what's ur ops on hills so far?
Also are the places for independent studying/work good? @emayr

The school is busy so sometimes it can be hard to find space depending on the time or place specifically you want. There are a lot of areas that cater to different environment people like best tho. The library has lots of seating- some upstairs and some downstairs. There is a new study block with some silent booth seating. The zone is also a silent work area but is not silent at lunches for more social space. The atrium, hub, canteen and link are more social spaces but can be good for work with friends, or if you enjoy an area with background noise or less serious feeling. There are also study spaces in the subject blocks with computers and also just more seating. So overall the different areas are pretty diverse to suit your needs.
Reply 6
Much appreciated for the info! 😊
Reply 7
Original post by Trickia

what subjects do you plan on taking? i'm in y13 and take maths fm physics and chemistry!
Reply 8
Maths, bio and chem

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending