The Student Room Group

An error by Student Finance?

Hello,

I have just started my third year at university
and I recently learned that SFE have not granted me a tuition fee loan.
Now here is where it gets complicated:
I essentially repeated the second year of a 4 year undergraduate degre twice. I.e I used up my gift year during my first repeat of second year and then due to a series of issues, I retook several modules the following academic year (for which I was also granted a tuition fee loan based on my CPR)
I then decided to switch from a 4 year degree to a 3 year degree in the same department and at the same university and I was expecting that to be funded seeing as I have entered into the third year of my new course. Am I mistaken?
I phoned SFE and the advisor I spoke to was suggesting that I apply for 'Compelling Personal Reasons' in order to be granted tuition to fund this new academic year? That doesn't sound right to me as I am entering a new level of study rather than repeating 😕

I had not been previously been in higher education prior to coming to this university

Any advice would be appreciated,
Many thanks
Original post by Naooan
Hello,

I have just started my third year at university
and I recently learned that SFE have not granted me a tuition fee loan.
Now here is where it gets complicated:
I essentially repeated the second year of a 4 year undergraduate degre twice. I.e I used up my gift year during my first repeat of second year and then due to a series of issues, I retook several modules the following academic year (for which I was also granted a tuition fee loan based on my CPR)
I then decided to switch from a 4 year degree to a 3 year degree in the same department and at the same university and I was expecting that to be funded seeing as I have entered into the third year of my new course. Am I mistaken?
I phoned SFE and the advisor I spoke to was suggesting that I apply for 'Compelling Personal Reasons' in order to be granted tuition to fund this new academic year? That doesn't sound right to me as I am entering a new level of study rather than repeating 😕

I had not been previously been in higher education prior to coming to this university

Any advice would be appreciated,
Many thanks

Hi there, If you're able to contact us via the live chat in your account or on 0300 100 0607 we'll look into this and check where the request is coming from and help get this resolved for you. The live chat opens at 9.am. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending