The Student Room Group

Inputting USA High School Diploma information onto UCAS

Hello, as I am currently in my last year of secondary school and hence do not have all of the grades for my USA HS diploma, should I set the classes that I will take this year to pending? Do my teachers need to do predicted grades for those as well? Finally, should I set the qualification date to the date I graduate or the date I completed the course/module?

Thanks!
Reply 1
im in my last year too

Original post by haxtq
Hello, as I am currently in my last year of secondary school and hence do not have all of the grades for my USA HS diploma, should I set the classes that I will take this year to pending? Do my teachers need to do predicted grades for those as well? Finally, should I set the qualification date to the date I graduate or the date I completed the course/module?

Thanks!
Original post by haxtq

Thanks!

Just put your HS diploma on as a single qualification. Don't bother listing individual classes - but do list any APs as separate qualifications.

Universities will be in touch after you apply for you to send a transcript with details of your classes if they require that (many won't bother as they will not consider your HS diploma and will only accept APs or equivalent)
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Just put your HS diploma on as a single qualification. Don't bother listing individual classes - but do list any APs as separate qualifications.

Universities will be in touch after you apply for you to send a transcript with details of your classes if they require that (many won't bother as they will not consider your HS diploma and will only accept APs or equivalent)

I already inputted my grades from 9th/10th/11th grade- this should do no harm right?
For overall grade should I list it as "pending" or the overall GPA on an A-F scale?
Original post by haxtq
I already inputted my grades from 9th/10th/11th grade- this should do no harm right?
For overall grade should I list it as "pending" or the overall GPA on an A-F scale?

9th, 10th and 11th grade results aren't formal qualifications and shouldn't be listed on UCAS

Your overall grade for your HSD should be left blank or select pending.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
9th, 10th and 11th grade results aren't formal qualifications and shouldn't be listed on UCAS

Your overall grade for your HSD should be left blank or select pending.

So I should just put pending? Thanks!
Also I received this message, "Your nominated referee has told us that they are unable to provide predicted grades to support your application. If you wish to supply predicted grades from somebody else, you will need to contact the universities to which you are applying to discuss this with them."

What should I do in this case?
Original post by haxtq
So I should just put pending? Thanks!
Also I received this message, "Your nominated referee has told us that they are unable to provide predicted grades to support your application. If you wish to supply predicted grades from somebody else, you will need to contact the universities to which you are applying to discuss this with them."

What should I do in this case?

You don't have to do anything. Lots of applicants apply without predicted grades. Your universities will be in touch if they need more information after you submit your application
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
You don't have to do anything. Lots of applicants apply without predicted grades. Your universities will be in touch if they need more information after you submit your application

yes i agree
Reply 8
Original post by PQ

I see, but what if it's Oxford where they require predicted grades?
Thanks!
Original post by haxtq
I see, but what if it's Oxford where they require predicted grades?
Thanks!

Then you need to talk to your referee and explain that they will need to provide predicted grades. If they're unable to then you'll need to find a different referee who is able to.
Reply 10
Original post by PQ
Then you need to talk to your referee and explain that they will need to provide predicted grades. If they're unable to then you'll need to find a different referee who is able to.

Thanks- even if the referee has completed the reference, can he still edit it as long as I don't submit my application?
Original post by haxtq
Thanks- even if the referee has completed the reference, can he still edit it as long as I don't submit my application?

It will normally require a phone call to UCAS to get them to reset the reference so that it can be re-added with predicted grades
Reply 12
Original post by PQ
It will normally require a phone call to UCAS to get them to reset the reference so that it can be re-added with predicted grades

I see, which phone number should I use?
The one for undergrad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending