The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Advanced Placement (AP) test requirement for non-USA diploma

Does anyone know what is Imperial's requirement for the number of AP exams, for a student applying with AP exam results but with a non-USA diploma? The website says "Minimum of 3-4 AP tests with Grades of 5 (see course pages for required subjects). Expected to be taken alongside a relevant high school diploma. Where sat independently, departments will seek additional AP tests 4-6."I took six AP tests (all 5's, including Calculus, two Physics, and three other subjects), though my diploma is a non-USA diploma that is not recognized for entry by itself by ICL.1. Does anyone know what does "additional AP tests 4-6" means; is this 4-6 AP tests total, or 7-10 AP tests total?2. Can a "relevant high school diploma" be any high school diploma, or does this only refer to a US diploma, or any other recognized one?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Does anyone know what is Imperial's requirement for the number of AP exams, for a student applying with AP exam results but with a non-USA diploma? The website says "Minimum of 3-4 AP tests with Grades of 5 (see course pages for required subjects). Expected to be taken alongside a relevant high school diploma. Where sat independently, departments will seek additional AP tests 4-6."I took six AP tests (all 5's, including Calculus, two Physics, and three other subjects), though my diploma is a non-USA diploma that is not recognized for entry by itself by ICL.1. Does anyone know what does "additional AP tests 4-6" means; is this 4-6 AP tests total, or 7-10 AP tests total?2. Can a "relevant high school diploma" be any high school diploma, or does this only refer to a US diploma, or any other recognized one?

if you took them all at the same time (or within 2 years) then they shouldn't ask for additional. I believe the max they will ask is 5 APs. If the course needs physics A level then you defo need 2 x physics APs, and they only count the last one not both in the 3-5 APs. Same for maths, if the course needs maths A level then you need calc AB and BC and it will count as one AP. Not sure they care too much about HS diploma, but any HS diploma should be OK, If you have 6 APs and your results already and you're not taking any more APs then you'll either get an interview/unconditional offer or rejected. Hopefully the former.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending