The Student Room Group

The open University Natural Science (biology)

Hello everyone,

Just after some advice and opinions.

I am currently working part time. I have a young daughter and a partner who works full time.

I left school with good GCSE’s but failed my A-Levels as I wasn’t really committed by the end of school. I worked for a few years in various jobs then I completed a Level 3 city and guilds diploma a few years ago.

I have *almost* decided to go for it and apply to start a degree with The Open University, currently deciding on Natural Sciences (Biology) as I have and have always had a real interest in the sciences - particularly bio - and I want to know really what I’d be getting myself into. I’m really nervous to enrol, and I would just like to know if anyone has taken, or is taking this degree and what it’s like? Just lacking a bit of confidence at the moment. I have signed up for the relevant Access course which is starting in feb next year so I guess I will find out a bit more then but I’m interested to see some views of other students studying with the OU. I work mon-wed so it’s not the amount of time I have to study that’s the problem, I’m having a wobbly if I’m actually going to understand the work and achieve a degree at the end of it.

How do people find the course. Is it really hard?

Thank you 😊
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest