The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Birmingham VS Sheffield Geography

Hi really struggling to decide between the 2, was wondering if anyone could give some guidance? Thank you,
Original post by LucasGeography
Hi really struggling to decide between the 2, was wondering if anyone could give some guidance? Thank you,

Hi,

I have just started my 3rd year at the University of Sheffield studying Maths and Philosophy.
When I was deciding which universities to apply to, I look at their grade requirements, course content and the city the uni was in.
Do you already know which other unis you will apply to?
Having a difference in the grade requirements for the unis you apply to, is normally a good idea as it means you can have a 'safe' choice and an 'ambitious' one.
I have really enjoyed studying in Sheffield for the last few years.
The city has lots of green spaces which are really nice to go to whilst taking a break from studying or to do some studying outside in the fresh air.
The university is very close to the city centre which I find really convenient for transport or to quickly buy something to have for dinner on the way home.
There are also over 350 societies or you can start your own, so there's lots you could take part in if you wanted.
Have you been to any open days? Sheffield have one in October and one in November, I would recommend visiting both the unis and getting a feel for the uni and the city.
Do you know any factors that are important to you in your uni decision ie distance from home...?

Let me know if you have any more questions or would like more information about something,
Lizzie (BSc Mathematics and Philosophy, University of Sheffield)
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending