The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

PPE Course

My son is currently looking at PPE at Warwick, York, Leeds, and Manchester. Warwick appears to be his firm favourite, but he’s then torn between the others:

York - Great course, but older facilities
Leeds - Great facilities, but only 9 year old course
Manchester - Same as Leeds

Just wondered if anyone at any of the above had anything to add / pros and cons that they might be able to add to our already complex comparison process? Really appreciated!
Reply 1
Hi im also in year 13 like your son and applying to PPE degrees. A pro of manchester york and leeds I'd say is that their grade requirements are lower than warwick. Warwick is A*AA whilst york is AAB which is definetely something to consider, but in terms of how renowned the course is, I'd say its more respected coming from warwick which is why its one of the top of my list. Id say though that the best thing is to go to the university open days to get a feel for the unis and see how they are, because your sons perspective could change after he goes to the uni's. A warwick open day is coming up in october so you should encourage your son to check it out and see what he thinks.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply, appreciated. Fortunately, my sons predicted grades allow him to apply wherever he wants, although we do appreciate that York, Leeds, and Manchester will inevitably offer lower access grades. His favourite in terms of course is Warwick, then followed by Leeds, and York. Leeds is probably in front of York as a result of the facilities. We haven’t been to Manchester yet, but will be looking to go at the end of October. If anyone has studied PPE at Leeds, we’d really appreciate feedback on the quality of the course.

Quick Reply

Latest