The Student Room Group

Crush on a guy

Original post by Admit-One
I think you've already received a fair bit of advice about this.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7401895

I have a crush on a guy, and I told one of my friends I did. That friend said she also thinks the guy I like ,also likes me. He shows some signs, even if its in a platonic way, like making eye contact when we are talking to each other, looking at me when I wasn’t looking at him but talking to someone else in the group, coming up to talk to me, and I make him laugh and i’m a bit nervous when we are alone together, I think he is also nervous too. Maybe he is uncomfortable with me? He is a little shy. We are both a little shy, I would say we are the same mix of extrovert and introvert. and I feel we both put energy into keeping conversations flowing. I know I must really like him because I feel jealous when he is with other girls. I also feel my friend also likes him, as she was flirting with him, and when he is with her, he looks more comfortable and i’m hurt as she’s the only one in the friend group that knows I have a crush on him. And I feel like he might like her better now. He said to me that she was really nice once.What should I do to just forget about him and focus in my studies.
Original post by Ellievanilla
I have a crush on a guy, and I told one of my friends I did. That friend said she also thinks the guy I like ,also likes me. He shows some signs, even if its in a platonic way, like making eye contact when we are talking to each other, looking at me when I wasn’t looking at him but talking to someone else in the group, coming up to talk to me, and I make him laugh and i’m a bit nervous when we are alone together, I think he is also nervous too. Maybe he is uncomfortable with me? He is a little shy. We are both a little shy, I would say we are the same mix of extrovert and introvert. and I feel we both put energy into keeping conversations flowing. I know I must really like him because I feel jealous when he is with other girls. I also feel my friend also likes him, as she was flirting with him, and when he is with her, he looks more comfortable and i’m hurt as she’s the only one in the friend group that knows I have a crush on him. And I feel like he might like her better now. He said to me that she was really nice once.What should I do to just forget about him and focus in my studies.

If you've not already, I would recommend starting your own thread to ask this.
Original post by Ellievanilla

This is difficult to advise on, as there are no certain signs that he likes you romantically, but equally he could just be responding to your friends flirting rather than being genuinely interested.

In all these cases I recommend pretty much say the same thing - ask the person if they want to meet up for a drink or something equally low stakes. If you try something like "I enjoyed chatting the the day / had fun at the pub the other day, I wondered if you wanted to meet up for a coffee/drink next week?" then you give them the chance to spend 1-2-1 time with you if they want, but can easily politely say no if that's not what they're after.

Then you will at least know where you stand, rather than trying to interpret vague signals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending