The Student Room Group

Driving test

I have failed all the mock driving tests I've taken but it's for the stupidest reasons. My driving test is next week, I don't know if I will pass since I haven't passed any mocks, but I really want to. Any tips?
Original post by donap
I have failed all the mock driving tests I've taken but it's for the stupidest reasons. My driving test is next week, I don't know if I will pass since I haven't passed any mocks, but I really want to. Any tips?

Hey @donap,
I presume you mean the practical element of the driving test so here is my tips:

Stay calm and don't panic

Remember to make checking your mirrors and signalling obvious

Try not to think about past failures and focus on the now

Make sure your comfortable in the car you are taking the test in

If you feel something didn't go right in part of your test don't give up and keep going as it may just be a minor and you don't want to loose hope and end up making a mistake.

This time of year cab add the extra challenge of weather so take care with conditions

Get a good night's rest and hydrate before hand so you have a clear head and aren't tired

Make sure to wear appropriate clothes and footwear that are comfortable to drive in.

Best of luck for your test ! Catherine- University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending