The Student Room Group

Is there any point applying for higher universities with these grades?

I'm supposed to be choosing my universities. My grades are roughly BBC or BBB. Is there any point in my putting down universities that require an AAA like liverpool or bristol as my higher one or am i setting myself up and just wasting 2 choices?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm supposed to be choosing my universities. My grades are roughly BBC or BBB. Is there any point in my putting down universities that require an AAA like liverpool or bristol as my higher one or am i setting myself up and just wasting 2 choices?

Are those grades predicted or actual?

Having actual grades three or four grades below the required grades will, as you say, be wasting those choices.

The same is almost certainly true if they're predicted grades, I'm afraid. (Although some universities, including some decent ones like Cardiff, don't look at predicted grades when making offer decisions.)

Do you think that you can get AAA or very close to it?

Have you spoken to these universities about how predicted grades are used in offer making for your chosen subject?

Why these 2? What are your other 3 choices?
(edited 6 months ago)
Nothing wrong with a couple of ambitious options but be prepared you mig not get an offer make sure though your other options are places you can see yourself spending 3-4 years while a “good”uni might look good at UG it doesn’t really matter at UG.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Do you think that you can get AAA or very close to it?

Have you spoken to these universities about how predicted grades are used in offer making for your chosen subject?

Why these 2? What are your other 3 choices?

I'm just saying those 2 because those are the highest ones that i've looked at. I'm lalso ooking at cardiff, portsmouth, and surrey as the requirements meet my predicated grades.
Reply 5
Original post by DataVenia
Are those grades predicted or actual?

Having actual grades three or four grades below the required grades will, as you say, be wasting those choices.

The same is almost certainly true if they're predicted grades, I'm afraid. (Although some universities, including some decent ones like Cardiff, don't look at predicted grades when making offer decisions.)

They're my predicate grades. My school says to aim high but yeah i dont see the point if i wont be getting an offer or am i missing smt..
Guess im screwed for uni lmao
Reply 6

try and ask your head of sixth form/ college if they can change your predicted grades because that's wat I did and he changed them for me
They're my predicate grades. My school says to aim high but yeah i dont see the point if i wont be getting an offer or am i missing smt..
Guess im screwed for uni lmao

you are not screwed for uni - there are great choices out there! you can also check if you meet contextual offers for some russell group unis :smile:
I'm just saying those 2 because those are the highest ones that i've looked at. I'm lalso ooking at cardiff, portsmouth, and surrey as the requirements meet my predicated grades.

Give them a ring on Monday to ask about how they use predicted grades.

What degree are you applying for?
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
Give them a ring on Monday to ask about how they use predicted grades.

What degree are you applying for?

I wanted to do computer science, but yes i'll try thank you

Hi there,

It could be seen to be 'wasting' a choice, but given you have 5 choices, you could 'risk' it slightly with one choice, and just see how you get on! Sometimes the personal statement might count for a lot and given you still have 4 others it shouldn't create you too much problems. I would keep a choice with higher grades to 1 though.

Malachy -University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending