The Student Room Group

alevel choices

im planning on taking art and english lit for alevels. do you think i should take maths? i suck at maths and it takes me a while to understand and i can't really remember equations or formulas. i think ill get a six on it at most for my gcses. do u know of any good combinations for art? its the only subject i really need for my future career (art direction). ty :smile:
Reply 1
If you're not good at maths, don't take maths, you will hate it. In terms of choosing a third subject, it doesn't really matter whether they go with art, choose something you think you'll enjoy and will be good at
Original post by priceydoritos
im planning on taking art and english lit for alevels. do you think i should take maths? i suck at maths and it takes me a while to understand and i can't really remember equations or formulas. i think ill get a six on it at most for my gcses. do u know of any good combinations for art? its the only subject i really need for my future career (art direction). ty :smile:

It doesn't sound like a good idea to take maths. I would recommend doing a subject you enjoy and can do well in, because doing A-level maths will likely make you miserable.
Original post by priceydoritos

I wouldnt take maths. Its hard enough as it is. If you arent amazing at it then you will only struggle/hate it.
Id pick a subject that you like/are good at.

Quick Reply

Latest