The Student Room Group

Marital form coverletter

Hi my mum has been asked to provide marital evidence with a cover letter to why she cant provide a council tax certificate. she does not receive discount because there is a family member on the council tax form is that all that is required on the cover letter?
Original post by jermsibs
Hi my mum has been asked to provide marital evidence with a cover letter to why she cant provide a council tax certificate. she does not receive discount because there is a family member on the council tax form is that all that is required on the cover letter?

Hi there,

Just to confirm, was your Mum asked to complete something called a Marital Status Declaration Form? Or it it just a cover letter that we need?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Yes She completed the declaration form and provided a tenancy and 2 bills
Reply 3
I called to ask for an update and was told I need to add a cover letter as I didn’t add a council tax letter. I’m quite confused because that was never needed previously and it states on the form I can provide a tenancy and 2 bills in my mothers name
I called to ask for an update and was told I need to add a cover letter as I didn’t add a council tax letter. I’m quite confused because that was never needed previously and it states on the form I can provide a tenancy and 2 bills in my mothers name

What your Mum has provided certainly sounds fine, but there's no harm in providing a cover letter too. This can help the assessors understand your Mum's situation.

Can you please tell us on what date you uploaded this form?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 5
Original post by Graeme SFE
What your Mum has provided certainly sounds fine, but there's no harm in providing a cover letter too. This can help the assessors understand your Mum's situation.

Can you please tell us on what date you uploaded this form?

Thanks, Graeme

On 3rd, of October. It has been a quite stressful. As I have done everything on time and there has been a lack of communication and late communication from student finance I only receive information when I call them. I am now 2 months into my course.
On 3rd, of October. It has been a quite stressful. As I have done everything on time and there has been a lack of communication and late communication from student finance I only receive information when I call them. I am now 2 months into my course.

Hi jermsibs,

If the tenancy agreement is in your mothers name only as well as the 2 household bills, then this should be accepted as non standard marital evidence. If this was uploaded on the 3rd of October, you would expect an update around the 26th of October, with subject to change depending on our current volumes.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending