The Student Room Group

Withdrawn at the final stage of nursing degree

Hi,
So, I have been withdrawn from the adult nursing course after failing 60 credit module in my final year 2022. I received the exit award of Bachelor of science Health care studies (Adult health care). My appeal to repeat the third year was rejected due to insufficient evidence even though I gave them a note from my therapist.

Moving forward, I spoke with my course lead and she said I could rejoin the second year in 2024 by applying through UCAS. My worry is I can only get extra funding from Student finance for one year and I do not have the means to pay the final year fee. I have emailed my uni's money and guidance team but they are yet to reply. And this is making very anxious. Has anyone gone through the same situation? If yes then can you share with me if there is anyway I can get both years funded, please.
Original post by itsmepreesita
Hi,
So, I have been withdrawn from the adult nursing course after failing 60 credit module in my final year 2022. I received the exit award of Bachelor of science Health care studies (Adult health care). My appeal to repeat the third year was rejected due to insufficient evidence even though I gave them a note from my therapist.

Moving forward, I spoke with my course lead and she said I could rejoin the second year in 2024 by applying through UCAS. My worry is I can only get extra funding from Student finance for one year and I do not have the means to pay the final year fee. I have emailed my uni's money and guidance team but they are yet to reply. And this is making very anxious. Has anyone gone through the same situation? If yes then can you share with me if there is anyway I can get both years funded, please.

I recommend that you ask about funding on the following forum that is manned by official SFE reps:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910
And just to note that if there is any shortfall in funding, you have to pay it at the start of the degree, not the end.
Reply 3
(Original post by Admit-One)And just to note that if there is any shortfall in funding, you have to pay it at the start of the degree, not the end.
Do you know if the uni tells you to pay before your enrolment to the uni?
My friend who is going through the same thing was enrolled and is waiting for student finance reply to her application.
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
I recommend that you ask about funding on the following forum that is manned by official SFE reps:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

Thanks, I am doing it now. Do you also know if you can get eligible for NHS LSF training grant of 5000 again or not?
Thanks, I am doing it now. Do you also know if you can get eligible for NHS LSF training grant of 5000 again or not?

According to the NHS LSF guidance booklet (available as a PDF on this page https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf):

Requiring extra time to complete your course If you cannot complete your course in the time normally required, or you are required to repeat part of it at any point, NHS LSF payments may be extended in exceptional circumstances, providing you continue to meet all of the general NHS LSF eligibility criteria. Academic failure on its own will not be considered grounds for additional funding. Your university will submit a notification to us on your behalf if they are satisfied exceptional circumstances apply, and NHSBSA Student Services retains the final discretion to judge each case on its individual merits.
Do you know if the uni tells you to pay before your enrolment to the uni?
My friend who is going through the same thing was enrolled and is waiting for student finance reply to her application.

I can't speak for Nursing but most unis won't issue an invoice until you are enrolled and have confirmed that you are actually joining them. The payment terms/dates will depend on the uni's policies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending