The Student Room Group

Toilet paper

Abit random but just wondered what toilet paper people use
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
How old are you?
Original post by Golf24
Abit random but just wondered what toilet paper people use do you use supermarket own brand or go for more expensive quilted ones ? Is there any you would recommend for sensitive skin or would it be better to use wet wipes ?

DON'T put wet wipes down your toilet as they will cause blockages.
Reply 3
Original post by Golf24
Abit random but just wondered what toilet paper people use do you use supermarket own brand or go for more expensive quilted ones ? Is there any you would recommend for sensitive skin or would it be better to use wet wipes ?

It's a matter of personal preference on the toilet roll. It's a combination of softness, price and size for me. (Packages should show both sheet number and total m2 on them you would be amazed at how much it varies!)

I couldn't go for the very cheap cheap smartprice supermarket own personallly though so mid range for me incl supermarket standard ones.

Do not use wet wipes/put wet wipes down the loo. Even ones that say flushable. They are not. They block the sewers, add bulk to fat bergs and are very very bad for the environment. Esp if you are in student halls where the plumbing is often delicate anyway !
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Golf24

My family uses ASDA's own brand (Shades I think its called). Basically just shop around though to find what kind of TP you like, as its a matter of preference really. Plus companies like to change stuff about their products all the time.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Golf24
Thankyou abit embarrassing but I do get alot of upset stomachs and some days I'm literally on the loo all day feeling ill . Hopefully find something that doesn't irritate my skin

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have discussed with a Dr? Could be something like a food intolerance.

If you have a bath at home have a look into Epsom Salts, these can be good if you soak in bathwater. Doesn't work in a shower sadly !
I always go for 3ply. 2 ply is so bad
Reply 7
Original post by Golf24
No haven't discussed with a doctor as its embarrassing .

Doctors are used to talking about things like this. It is literally their job.

If you're embarrassed talking about this, then write down what you want to say and give it to the doctor to read.

It might be something really easy to sort out.
Original post by Golf24
No haven't discussed with a doctor as its embarrassing .

Nah they're professionals and won't laugh at you. This could be a medical problem if you often get upset stomachs, and they know how to help you deal with it. See a doctor!
Reply 9
Original post by Golf24
I know I just feel as I would be wasting their time as it's only an upset stomach I can go for a few days with no problems then i will have an upset stomach and the runs for a few days.

You absolutely would not be wasting their time. While I can appreciate it might feel embarrassing to you, I can assure you they will have heard it all before.

It might also be worth keeping a bit of a food diary for a while and see if any of the food / digestive issues match up as repeat offenders.

Good luck.
Original post by bamtutor
DON'T put wet wipes down your toilet as they will cause blockages.

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest