The Student Room Group

When can we expect responses from different universities?

I did early entry, and I've already got an acceptance from Birmingham. I've heard that KCL doesn't reply until after January, and that there's a day in January that Oxford gives all its replies, but reports on UCL and Durham are mixed. What should my expected range be?
Reply 1
For Durham you should expect within 6-8 weeks of sending your application and for UCL you should hear by Feb - April whether you have got an interview.
Original post by varsh.17
For Durham you should expect within 6-8 weeks of sending your application and for UCL you should hear by Feb - April whether you have got an interview.

thank you!
Original post by aaaaaaaaaa2006
thank you!

There is no way of telling. It depends on the numbers applying in each university for your course. If they dont expect to get more applicants than places they will answer quickly. If they expect to have more applicants than places they put on hold until after the equal consideration deadline and work through them between then and May. Durham can be very slow.
Reply 4
Yes, this is a valid point
Original post by swanseajack1
There is no way of telling. It depends on the numbers applying in each university for your course. If they dont expect to get more applicants than places they will answer quickly. If they expect to have more applicants than places they put on hold until after the equal consideration deadline and work through them between then and May. Durham can be very slow.

ah, thank you!
Reply 6
Any time between now and next April.

Stop checking your emails - you will drive yourself nuts.
It doesnt matter when you get an offer - its isnt a beauty contest, and it isnt 'first one to get an offer is the winner'.
Original post by McGinger
Any time between now and next April.

Stop checking your emails - you will drive yourself nuts.
It doesnt matter when you get an offer - its isnt a beauty contest, and it isnt 'first one to get an offer is the winner'.

i'm not particularly looking to be the first to get an offer, i just like to know when i can expect them because i like structure, lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending