The Student Room Group

advice on wellbeing

hello, I'll be going to my university well-being center tomorrow to do an assessment and I'm very overwhelmed. I don't know what will happen and what if they reject my help.
Original post by Anonymous
hello, I'll be going to my university well-being center tomorrow to do an assessment and I'm very overwhelmed. I don't know what will happen and what if they reject my help.

Hi,

This response may be a little late but I hope it goes well.

Have they given you information about what is going to happen? At the start of the assessment they should go through what will happen step by step and if you have any questions before you begin do ask them. I am sure they would be happy to answer them and reassure you.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 2
Original post by University of Kent
Hi,

This response may be a little late but I hope it goes well.

Have they given you information about what is going to happen? At the start of the assessment they should go through what will happen step by step and if you have any questions before you begin do ask them. I am sure they would be happy to answer them and reassure you.

Alia

Hello, they didn’t provide me with any details about the assessment.
Hello, they didn’t provide me with any details about the assessment.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear this. Do you have anyone you live with that can come with you if you are comfortable taking them or friends? They might be able to provide reassurance before and immediate support after.

Alia
Reply 4
Original post by University of Kent
Hi,

I am sorry to hear this. Do you have anyone you live with that can come with you if you are comfortable taking them or friends? They might be able to provide reassurance before and immediate support after.

Alia

Hello, sorry for the late reply. It was okay. They just went through a couple of questions and spoke about confidentiality and the sessions.
Hello, sorry for the late reply. It was okay. They just went through a couple of questions and spoke about confidentiality and the sessions.

Hi! I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling :frown: I'm just popping in to say that your struggles are completely valid and I think visiting wellbeing is a really good step to improvement! I hope they're able to help you achieve better mental wellbeing!

Best of luck! :smile:

Estelle
Third Year Psychology Student
University of Huddersfield

Hi,

No worries and I am glad to hear it went okay.

Alia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending