The Student Room Group

Mlat 2023

Hi everyone, just wondering how people found the MLAT this morning.
I did it for French and found it way harder than the 2022 one - I also forgot loads of basic vocab.
Hi!

I felt exactly the same. The online system was also pretty rubbish as you'd have to delete the end of a sentence to add a word with a special character. I also did the LAT which was awful too :/
Original post by Anonymous
I did it for French and found it way harder than the 2022 one - I also forgot loads of basic vocab.

Hi, I did Spanish. I completely agree with it being harder than last year but overall it went well I’d say (minus the one word I should’ve got but forgot 😅)
Did anyone have any problems whilst doing the test?I did the Spanish one and it would only let me go back to section 2 whilst doing it through thr left hand corner. Although within the last minute realised I could check it through the right hand corner button.
Original post by jeffbuckleyluver
Did anyone have any problems whilst doing the test?I did the Spanish one and it would only let me go back to section 2 whilst doing it through thr left hand corner. Although within the last minute realised I could check it through the right hand corner button.

YES! when going back through it I couldn’t check section 1 but the other sections were fine.
YES! when going back through it I couldn’t check section 1 but the other sections were fine.

That threw me off so much towards the end, I told my exams officer who didn't entirely believe me but glad to know others had it too. I heard that other admissions tests this week had problems.
I would contact your chosen college to explain the situation and hopefully, they should take all of this into consideration. If I left a word blank and wanted to return to it, the special character would be inserted at the end of the sentence, not in the blank space where my cursor was and I had to delete the rest of the sentence to fill out this one word :frown:
That threw me off so much towards the end, I told my exams officer who didn't entirely believe me but glad to know others had it too. I heard that other admissions tests this week had problems.

Completely agree - French was much harder than past papers and some of the translations/prepositions were rough. Hope the grade boundaries will be lower this year
For the LAT, how many sections did you get? Because I only had 2 sets of sentences/questions but in all the past papers there had been 3? I'm stressing that I couldn't access the missing bit for some reason but I hope that's just how it was for everyone
I had the exact same, don't worry!
For the LAT, how many sections did you get? Because I only had 2 sets of sentences/questions but in all the past papers there had been 3? I'm stressing that I couldn't access the missing bit for some reason but I hope that's just how it was for everyone
Reply 10

Yeah my friend had the same thing. He skipped question one to come back to it and it wouldn't let him - think they're submitting something to tell Oxford but idk how his mark will be affected.
Reply 11
Original post by maddiemprice
Hi!

I felt exactly the same. The online system was also pretty rubbish as you'd have to delete the end of a sentence to add a word with a special character. I also did the LAT which was awful too :/

Yepp that was very annoying
Original post by maddiemprice
Hi!

Did this cause people a lot of wasted time?
Completely agree - French was much harder than past papers and some of the translations/prepositions were rough. Hope the grade boundaries will be lower this year

why did they have to put in so many countries!!

I had no idea what 'cottage' was so I just wrote 'La petite maison' and turns out I could have just franglaised it with le cottage😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending