The Student Room Group

University of Dundee vs University of swansea

Hi guys,

I got offer from University of Dundee for bsc economics and University of swansea for bsc economics and finance.not sure which one to choose. Both seems like a good choice and almost on par with each other.i am an international student so please do help me out.Thanks
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Hachiman
Hi guys,

I got offer from University of Dundee for bsc economics and University of swansea for bsc economics and finance.not sure which one to choose. Both seems like a good choice and almost on par with each other.i am an international student so please do help me out.Thanks

Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. Just wanted to post with some general guidance about choosing universities.

I would recommend having a look around this site for students of each of the unis you have offers from to see what the general consensus is.
It's also worth thinking about the cities and what appeals to you. What do you want to be close to or far away from, do you want to be in a big or small city, are there things/places in that city that you're interested in or will be good for any hobbies you have; those sorts of factors should definitely be on your mind as well as the actual courses of each of the universities. For example these universities it might be worth considering if you want to be able to go to places like Cardiff and London which would be more easily travelled to from Swansea, or if you'd be more interested in places like Edinburgh and Glasgow which are closer to Dundee.
Then it would be worth having a look on each of our websites to see what appeals to you about the courses eg. course content, projects you will get to do through your degree, prospects upon graduation, that sort of thing. If you have any specific questions it could also be worth getting in contact with the universities themselves to see what sort of information they can provide you.

I hope this information has been useful and all the best with coming to a decision!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending