The Student Room Group

Concentration problems

I’m struggling a lot in class, I’m not sure if it’s due to mental issues (anxiety, panic attacks, depression) or whatnot but I cannot focus on the work sometimes in the afternoon, my mind goes blank and I cannot think. Is there any solution? I do take breaks but I’m exhausted and blank anyway? Does anyone have this issue? I’m desperate to know because I’m afraid I might face a burnout or something even if I’m not that stressed.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Burdenofacookie
I’m struggling a lot in class, I’m not sure if it’s due to mental issues (anxiety, panic attacks, depression) or whatnot but I cannot focus on the work sometimes in the afternoon, my mind goes blank and I cannot think. Is there any solution? I do take breaks but I’m exhausted and blank anyway? Does anyone have this issue? I’m desperate to know because I’m afraid I might face a burnout or something even if I’m not that stressed.

Have u spoken to anyone about this issue? U may need counselling (sorry if I sound rude), just so that you can express how u feel and get help managing ur anxiety
Original post by Syed998
Have u spoken to anyone about this issue? U may need counselling (sorry if I sound rude), just so that you can express how u feel and get help managing ur anxiety

Yeah I’m doing counselling right now, but we have limited sessions and they recommend grounding exercises for anxiety which don’t always work. But I haven’t spoken to my teacher about it. Should I?
Reply 3
Original post by Burdenofacookie
Yeah I’m doing counselling right now, but we have limited sessions and they recommend grounding exercises for anxiety which don’t always work. But I haven’t spoken to my teacher about it. Should I?

I really think u should. Ur teachers could give additional support around ur work. They’ll be more understanding and will try to make their lessons to help make lessons less daunting for u. Coz if ur counselling is limited I doubt they can do a lot.
Original post by Syed998
I really think u should. Ur teachers could give additional support around ur work. They’ll be more understanding and will try to make their lessons to help make lessons less daunting for u. Coz if ur counselling is limited I doubt they can do a lot.

Yeah, the counselling only has one session left really. I’ll check in on the school counselling and if I’ll be available. Thank you so much for replying btw

Quick Reply

Latest