The Student Room Group

Stopping at traffic light before a road junction

Hiya. It is clear that we should keep the junction clear if there's a Keep Clear or junction box marking. How about when there isn't any marking? I was told I should not keep the junction clear while I saw on youtube clip that it is advised that we should keep it clear even there's anything road marking. Perhaps there are specific scenarios for this should and should not? What's the best I should do during driving test please?
Reply 1
Original post by ONGLY
Hiya. It is clear that we should keep the junction clear if there's a Keep Clear or junction box marking. How about when there isn't any marking? I was told I should not keep the junction clear while I saw on youtube clip that it is advised that we should keep it clear even there's anything road marking. Perhaps there are specific scenarios for this should and should not? What's the best I should do during driving test please?

Keep clear means that
Yellow 🟡 box junction you shouldn't be in it as keep it clear at all times until it is safe for you to move on when traffic ahead of you starts moving.

Where's there is no markings telling you to keep clear then you are allowed to go across the junction - it's curtisay to leave the junction clear to allow others to come out and also enter the road.

Speak to your driving instructor about this as they should have been teaching you this as part of your lessons.
You should ALWAYS leave junctions clear. If you stop across a junction and someone comes along wanting to turn right (in or out of it) then you would be blocking their path. Do this on a driving test and you won't be coming away with a pass certificate!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending