The Student Room Group

University of Surrey/ University of Portsmouth/Middlesex university

I'm a Pakistani student who has received an offer letter from all three universities for masters in digital marketing for the Jan/Feb intake. However, I'm on the fence regarding which university I should proceed with. One of my biggest concerns is the availability of odd jobs(or any kind) in Surrey. But if I do go for Middlesex university which is in a main city, the living expenses are gonna be a lot more in comparison to the other two options.
Hello 😊

I've just submitted my dissertation as part of my Digital Marketing and Channel Management MSc at the University of Surrey.

As an International student, there was a lot of research in making my choice to come to Surrey. The campus is extremely peaceful and well-located, less than an hour away from London by train. The modules' quality was amazing, the teaching was outstanding and up-to-date with a lot of newer and innovative strategies and the assignments were mostly practical with case studies, rather than just exams.

Regarding job availability, I'm not sure if you mean part-time while studying or post-grad job. International students have a 20-hour work limit during lecture periods, a 40-hour limit during holiday periods and no limit after your course end date.

If you're looking for a part-time job, Guildford offers a wide variety of part-time opportunities in retail and hospitality. Also, since there is amazing public transport for nearby towns, you have even more options. Personally, I've had a retail part-time and it was really good to help with my expenses and still maintain a good balance with studying. The University of Surrey also offers campus part-time opportunities, you can find out more about it here: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/fees-and-funding/managing-your-money/working-while-studying.

If you're talking about post-grad jobs, since Guildford is just a 40-minute train ride from Central London, you have access to the London market, which offers numerous opportunities.

In terms of ranking, if you're interested in it, our university is ranked 21st on The Guardian University Guide 2024, The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024. Regarding the Employability Rate, we are ranked 12th overall in the UK and 3rd in the South.

My one-year experience at Surrey was amazing and I don't regret my decision.

Hope this helps and please reach out if you have any more questions,
Jénifer
MSc Digital Marketing and Channel Management

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending